Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Eat Cake

I am on a masculine card kick thanks to the January Creative Crew challenges at Splitcoaststampers. I didn't create today's card for the challenge but it would certainly qualify. 

Do you like to eat cake? I sure do, especially chocolate cake! That's what I was thinking about when I created today's card. 
To make this card, I stamped the image from One Tag Fits All, and colored it with Blendabilities - even the stripes. Did you know you can get Blendabilities for free? Stampin' Up! has made them part of the Sale-a-bration choices this year which I think is very nice of them!

I don't have the Note Tag Punch that coordinates with this set so I had to cut it by hand. That was a little tricky getting around the corners. BUT the good news is: the Note Tag Punch that coordinates with this set and one of the Sale-a-bration sets is a Weekly Deal this week! I ordered it right away. 

Another Weekly Deal is the Chevron Border Punch. I used it to create the faux ribbon at the top of my tag. It also makes great borders.

Once I created my tag I layered it on two different pieces of designer series paper. The hexagon pattern is from the paper stack, Moonlight (a Weekly Deal) and the Chevron pattern is from Best Year Ever, a Sale-a-bration selection that you can receive free. 

A few silver Mini Brads complete the card and it is ready to be mailed.

Click here to view the Weekly Deals.
Click here to view the Sale-a-bration catalog. Remember that for every $50 you spend, you have your choice of product from this catalog for FREE.

Today is one of those bitter cold days in New England. I think I will try to stay in as much as possible. I need something to hang on the wall of my newly painted bathroom so I am going to pull out the watercolors and give them a try. I haven't watercolored in years so it should be interesting. All I need is a small painting, so how hard can it be??! Famous last words. Lol. 

All supplies for my card are Stampin' Up! Click on any image to go to my Online Store. Thanks for choosing me as your demonstrator.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...