If you missed the card, here it is again.
The Bokeh technique is pretty popular right now. I used Stampin' Up! watercolor paper for the base and added 3 colors: Mossy Meadow, Wild Wasabi, and Pistachio Pudding.
Here's how I made the background:
1. Wet the watercolor paper with aqua painter or paintbrush - or spritz it with water.
2. Pick up some ink refill with a wet aqua painter or brush and add it to the water color paper, one color at a time allowing it to spread and pool. It was fun to see the greens separate into yellow and brown tones.
3. Once your background looks ok, let it dry thoroughly or dry with heat tool.
4. Punch various size circles in a piece of card stock to use as stencil. I think I used 1-3/4", 3/4", 1-1/4".
5. Stencil the various circles in random using White Craft ink. Let dry or dry with heat tool.
6. Go back over some of the circles again with White Craft ink and make them darker. Let dry or dry with heat tool.7. Stamp the fern image from Butterfly Basics with Mossy Meadow ink.
1. Cut the butterfly from Whisper White card stock with the new Butterfly Basics frame lit.
2. Stamp the fern image on the outside of each wing with Hello Honey ink.
All supplies are Stampin' Up! Clicking on any image below will take you to my Online Store.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
If you have any questions feel free to email me.
New deals this week! Select items at 25% off.
View the deals here.
As always - thanks for stopping. Your comments fill my creative tank so if you have time I would love to hear from you!