Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Details for Butterfly Bokeh card

I received some requests for the colors of yesterday's Bokeh card so I am reposting the card and some details that will hopefully help!

If you missed the card, here it is again.

The Bokeh technique is pretty popular right now. I used Stampin' Up! watercolor paper for the base and added 3 colors: Mossy Meadow, Wild Wasabi, and Pistachio Pudding. 

Here's how I made the background:
1. Wet the watercolor paper with aqua painter or paintbrush - or spritz it with water.
2. Pick up some ink refill with a wet aqua painter or brush and add it to the water color paper, one color at a time allowing it to spread and pool. It was fun to see the greens separate into yellow and brown tones. 
3. Once your background looks ok, let it dry thoroughly or dry with heat tool.
4. Punch various size circles in a piece of card stock to use as stencil. I think I used 1-3/4", 3/4", 1-1/4". 
5. Stencil the various circles in random using White Craft ink. Let dry or dry with heat tool.
6. Go back over some of the circles again with White Craft ink and make them darker. Let dry or dry with heat tool.
7. Stamp the fern image from Butterfly Basics with Mossy Meadow ink.

Butterfly:
1. Cut the butterfly from Whisper White card stock with the new Butterfly Basics frame lit.
2. Stamp the fern image on the outside of each wing with Hello Honey ink.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! Clicking on any image below will take you to my Online Store.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
Oops! I always manage to forget a supply. Add to the above list, Whisper White craft ink, Circle punches (sizes are listed above), sponges. I think that is everything.
If you have any questions feel free to email me.

New deals this week! Select items at 25% off.
View the deals here.

As always - thanks for stopping. Your comments fill my creative tank so if you have time I would love to hear from you!

6 comments:

Margaret Raburn said...

Wow, Lisa! This is just gorgeous!!

Paula said...

Love this bokeh technique and color combo you used on this card... it really captured 'nature' :)

Donna said...

This card is beautiful and I am sooo happy to see your instructions. I will read them later but want you to know how deeply thankful for them (you), I am! Thanks bunches! Happy Stamping! Donna (SC)

Jenny Mutter said...

I love the colors! What a beautiful card - I just have to try this one. Thanks so much for the directions.

Gabi Benson said...

it looks like a real deep forrest, so beautiful

Melody Smith said...

Beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...