Monday, January 5, 2015

By the Tide for a guy

Here is another Creative Crew card that I made for the January challenge at Splitcoaststampers. The challenge is to make a masculine card with an aquatic theme and In Colors 2013 - 2015. The same requirements as this card that I posted a few days ago.

I had fun making this card. I love By the Tide stamp set and even though this isn't an obviously masculine card, it can definitely be used for a guy. 

I stamped the seaweed and lobster, then added some speckles with my Gorgeous Grunge stamp set. I layered this onto a layer of Maritime designer series paper in two different patterns. At first I was going to sponge all of the edges with Baked Brown Sugar ink but decided to keep it clean. 

Once I had my layers adhered I added the layer with the sentiment, "Happy Birthday" from the Hey You stamp set. My final step was to add a word bubble coming from the lobster - just for fun. No embellishments. I just let the paper and stamps do all the work - sometimes it is better that way.

On a different note, I am reading the book, The life-changing magic of tidying up by Marie Kondo. It is the Japanese art of decluttering and organizing and I am really enjoying it. Now if I can just implement some of it!

On a different, different note, today is the last day to order from the Holiday Mini catalog found Here. Tomorrow the Occasions Mini catalog begins AND Sale-a-bration begins! 

Today's card supplies are all Stampin' Up! Click on any image to go to my Online Store.

I changed the way I display the supplies. You have to scroll through now. Let's just say I am experimenting. If you have a preference, just leave a comment.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

What a great job you did using the colors on this masculine card! Love the theme and the background DSPs are FAB. hugs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...