Thursday, January 1, 2015

An Early Valentine

Happy New Year and may it be a creative one! 

What better way to kick off 2015 than with a lovely color challenge from Create with Connie and Mary? 

I had a houseful of family staying with us this last week - all 3 daughters and son-in-laws were here and if there is one thing we all have in common, it is our love for our pets (and animals in general). We are a crazy bunch when it comes to our dogs and cats. That was my inspiration for today's card.

I love the stamp set, You Little Furball especially the sentiments so I decided to make a Valentine using this set. I'll be sending it to one of my daughters for sure.
I used the stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp the heads. Usually I just eyeball it. The Stamp-a-ma-jig is way easier! Once I stamped the cats in their square, I rounded the corners and added a tiny heart that I punched with Hearts Border punch. As a final thought, I stamped each cat's body on a scrap of Calypso Coral card stock and cut out the color. Then I adhered each tiny collar to each cat. 

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: You Little Furball, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Park Lane
Card Stock: Whisper White, Real Red, Calypso Coral
Ink: Black Memento, Calypso Coral
Other: Corner Rounder punch, Hearts Border Punch, Stamp-a-ma-jig

To play along with this challenge just head over to Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog. You will also find lots of wonderful inspiration while there.

Thanks for stopping by. 

8 comments:

stampwithsandy said...

Absolutley adorable! Love those kitties!

Lisa Martz said...

What a fun Valentine for all the cat lovers out there! Pretty cute! Have a great New Year!

Nicole Tugrul said...

What a cute card!! I love the three cat poses, it looks like she went through a photo booth!!

Deb said...

I am a cat lover, too! These kitties are just adorable and I love their different poses! Great valentine card!

Connie said...

SOOOO cute! Love the cats and the rounded corners! Great job with the color challenge!

Margaret Raburn said...

This is just THE cutest!! These cats are adorable and the layout is great! This valentine would be perfect for a cat-lover!!

Melissa Davies said...

What a darling card! Love that you turned an everyday set into a Valentine - your daughter is lucky!!

Joanne James said...

I'm not a big pet person, but this card is just the cutest - total catitude!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...