Friday, January 2, 2015

An aquatic, masculine birthday

Now that the holidays are over, and 2015 is officially underway, I am determined to carve out more time to stamp - and blog! I have a card for you today that I created for one of the January Creative Crew challenges at Splitcoaststampers, a fabulous (and free) stamping website. 

I was asked to be on the Creative Crew design team for the next four months. I am honored and thrilled they would ask me. Of course I said yes!

The January challenges are all with a masculine theme. So if you need ideas/inspiration check out their gallery and we hope you will add creations of your own!

One of the challenges is to create a masculine card using any or all of the In Colors 2013 -2015. And it should be an aquatic them. I chose to use Baked Brown Sugar and Coastal Cabana and Travelers stamp set.

First I stamped the background with the World Map. Then I made my tag and sponged both with Baked Brown Sugar. I added some Coastal Cabana below my ship to represent water and created a little happy birthday banner flying off the mast. A piece of Coastal Cabana twine completes the card. It's vintage, simple, and aquatic. 

All supplies are Stampin' Up! 
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Thanks for stopping by. Hope to see you over at Splitcoaststampers, Creative Crew challenge!

2 comments:

June Sefscik said...

Lisa....I love this card and your explanation is easy to understand and I NEED to create a man's b-day card..so this is really timely for me and I really appreciate you sharing your talent and creativity ...THANKS

JoAnn said...

Fabulous masculine card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...