Thursday, December 11, 2014

Very Merry Cup of Cheer

Today's challenge at Create with Connie and Mary is a sketch challenge. It's a little conventional, and a little bit out of the box - something for everyone!

Sometimes I get something in my head and can't go in a different direction no matter how hard I try. This was one of those occasions. All I could think of was a cup of coffee when I saw the sketch!
True, the cups are smaller than the sketch but you get the idea. I stamped the background with Whisper white ink and heat dried it. The coffee cups are card stock and designer paper. If you look closely you can see where I used Blendabilities to add some shading and shadow. One of many uses for these fabulous markers.


Stamps: Chevron Background, Perfect Blend, And Many More
Paper: Real Red designer paper
Card Stock: Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Real Red
Ink: Whisper White craft, Black Memento, Cherry Cobbler and Smoky Slate Blendabilities
Other: Antique Brad, Big Shot, Word Bubles frame lit, Cherry Cobbler Bakers Twine, dimensionals

Are looking for some stamping inspiration? Do you love a challenge? Then why not head over to Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog? Hope you can play along! 

Thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

Connie said...

Very cool take on the sketch! I love the cups of Christmas coffee and the word bubble is darling on here! Great job with the sketch this week!

Jenny Engelke said...

I love the idea you had here! This is a cool take on the sketch...way to think outside the box!

Nicole Tugrul said...

Love your card!! I need to pull this set out, the coffee cups are just so fun and I don't use them enough!

Margaret Raburn said...

How creative are you to come up with coffee cups for this sketch, Lisa! Those cups speak of warmth and good cheer... perfect for this time of year! Love the word bubble!

Lisa Martz said...

Love it! Perfect greeting this time of year with the warm coffee cups!

Melissa Davies said...

I love your take on the sketch! Very clever. Who wouldn't want a cup of warmth during the holidays??!! Yummy!

Deb said...

What a very creative way to interpret the sketch! And you can never go wrong with coffee - lol! Love the festive coffee cups!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...