I love today's challenge from Create with Connie and Mary. It is something a little different! It is all about making a Gift Card Holder - and there is nothing that says it has to be for Christmas so don't let that stop you from joining the challenge!
We give out quite a few gift cards at Christmas and I love to make holders for them so that is why I created my penguin as such. It is actually a card and when opened up there is a pocket for the gift card.
The part that says "place gift card here" is not on the actual project. I added that with photoshop for blogging purposes.
- 3 Basic Black ovals using the second largest frame lit for the body and pocket.
- 1 Basic Black oval using the smallest oval frame lit - cut in half for the wings
- 1 Whisper White oval using the 3rd largest frame lit for the layer inside the gift card holder
- 1 Whisper White oval using the 4th largest frame lit for the tummy. Punch the notch at the top using the largest arrow from the What's Up arrow punch.
- Real Red card stock for the hat. Use the 3rd largest oval frame lit. Fold the card stock in half and run it through the Big Shot so the fold is not cut.
You will also need to:
- punch a circle from Glimmer paper using the 3/4" circle punch. This is the pom pom.
- Punch eyes using the Owl Punch
- Punch a small arrow using Pumpkin Pie card stock and the What's Up Arrow punch. Trim it for the beak
- Cut a rectangle from Red Glimmer paper for the package.
- cut silver ribbon for the package
- Cut a strip of Whisper White card stock for the stocking cap. I just did the front only.
- A banner for the inside, stamped with Merry Christmas from the Petite Pairs stamp set.
It is important to keep the fold in the hat because that will keep the penguins front and back together. Also, only use a thin line of adhesive around the edge of the pocket so your gift card will fit into the pocket.
All supplies are Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Petite Pairs
Paper: Silver Glimmer, Red Glimmer
Card Stock: Whisper White, Real Red, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie
Ink: Real Red
Other: Oval Framelits, Big Shot, Silver Ribbon, What's Up arrow punch, 3/4" circle punch
I am really looking forward to seeing what Gift Card Holders you can create. And don't forget to link up your project at Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog! Or at the very least head over there to get some inspiration!
Thanks for stopping by.