Thursday, December 18, 2014

Ornamental Pine with some Glimmer

Hello stampers! Welcome to another challenge from Create with Connie and Mary. This week we have a color challenge for you! 


I started out with a Valentine card in mind but ended up with a Christmas card. I wanted to get some more use out of my favorite Christmas set this year - Ornamental Pine. I really love how this set can be used in so many ways and I really love the sentiment.
I used the Hammer Technique again for the background. That just means Instead of running my embossing folder through the Big Shot to get and all-over texture, I hammered the folder here and there to get random texture. 

I had to hand cut the ornaments so I could layer them on the circles of Silver Glimmer paper. Then I used a straight edge and Smoky Slate marker to draw the line from ornament to the top. A few random sequins and that is all there is to it! 

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Ornamental Pine
Card Stock: Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White
Paper: Silver Glimmer
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Smoky Slate marker
Other: Frosted Sequins, Decorative Dots embossing folder, circle punch

For more inspiration, go to Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog. And hopefully you will join us this week by linking up your own Stampin' Up! creation!

Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

Judith said...

A beautiful card, Amy.

Deb said...

Gorgeous! Love the layers of silver glimmer paper! Never heard of the hammer technique but I will be giving that a try! Thanks for the idea!!

Lisa Martz said...

Pretty! Love the glimmer behind the ornaments and the sequins.

Melissa Davies said...

Love the glimmery ornament shadows - this can easily be adapted to a Valentine card with a simple swap of the images - well done!

Connie said...

Oh, I'd forgotten about the "hammer technique"...I'll have to try that again soon! Love the silver glimmer behind the ornaments. Great job with the color challenge this week!

Nicole Tugrul said...

Gorgeous card! I love the glimmer paper shadowing the ornaments, fabulous idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...