Thursday, November 6, 2014

White Christmas CCMC328


Isn't that a lovely color combination for this week's challenge at Create with Connie and Mary? I chose to go with a Christmas card but if you play along (and we hope you will), feel free to use the colors for any occasion card. 

So here is my clean and simple card.
I stamped the image first by using only part of the tree stamp from White Christmas stamp set. Because it is photopolymer it is pretty easy to ink up only part of the image. Then I stamped the snowman, bird. I saved the sentiment until after I embossed the snowflakes. 

When embossing the snowflakes, make sure to place your card stock into the embossing folder so the raised side ends up on the stamped side. I goofed on my first one. 

I used a wee bit of ink and a blender pen to add some color here and there on the stamped images. My final step was to stamp the sentiment and add the Frosted Sequins.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!
Stamps: White Christmas
Card Stock: Whisper White, Smoky Slate
Ink: Smoky Slate, Cherry Cobbler, Lost Lagoon
Other: Blender Pen, Frosted Sequins, Big Shot, Northern Flurry embossing folder

For more inspiration just go to Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog. Hope to see you there!

7 comments:

Cary said...

Wow! Adding the ink to that card made it so beautiful! XXXOOO

Terstamper said...

What an adorable card! I love how you incorporated the EF.

Ter ;)

Nicole Tugrul said...

This is such a cute card! I love that you altered the trees and only stamped the part you wanted. Awesome job!

Lisa Martz said...

Love it! I have seen so many cute cards with that little tree set! Your's pushed me right over the edge and that set is on my next order!

Connie said...

LOVE how this looks just using the partial image and snowman! TOO cute! Great job with the color challenge this week!

Margaret Raburn said...

Kudos to you for your creativity in using a partial image and fitting the embossing around it! And the coloring just makes it all pop! Such a sweet card!

Deb said...

Love your CAS card! Such a pretty card! The embossed snowflakes are a great combination with this set!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...