Sunday, November 2, 2014

Stamp Review Crew: Kinda Eclectic Edition


Welcome to another Blog Hop with the Stamp Review Crew! We are featuring the stamp set, Kinda Eclectic. All Crew members will be showing you new ways to use this fun stamp set.
Remember: this Blog Hop officially begins Monday, November 3rd. We post early to get the kinks out of the links so you may need to come back.

If you arrived from Kerry Willard Bray's blog then you are in the right place. If this is your first stop, don't worry as the Blog Hop goes full circle - just follow the links.

I went a little bit artistic with this card. It didn't turn out like the one in my head but that is the beauty of water color.
This card was made with water color paper which is important for getting the ink to "move". First, I embossed some leaves and the sunburst image with white ink and white embossing powder. Then I used an aqua painter and ink refill to create the background. Once it was dry (a heat tool helps), I stamped some more leaves with Old Olive ink and added the sentiment. The butterfly is stamped on Typeset designer paper and punched out. 

Stamps: Kinda Eclectic
Paper: Typeset specialty paper
Card Stock: Whisper White, Coastal Cabana, Basic Black
Ink: Whisper White craft, Tempting Turquoise, Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive, Coastal Cabana, Black Memento
Other: Big Shot, Large Polka Dot embossing folder, Butterfly punch, Aquapainter, White embossing powder

There is nothing fancy about my second card. I just wanted to show how this set can be used for occasions other than thank you cards. 
I used a clear block to stamp the background. Then I used my heat tool to dry it. This is important because my next step was to stamp and emboss the leaves. Even though classic ink dries quickly, it will still hold embossing powder so heat drying it is a must. I added some red berries with a Cherry Cobbler marker and stamped the sentiment last. 

I love the color combination of Cherry Cobbler, White, and Crumb Cake but this card could be made with green or just white for the card base. 

Stamps: Kinda Eclectic, Perfect Pairs
Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler
Ink: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler
Other: Candy Dots, Clear Acrylic Block, White embossing powder, Big Shot, Stylish Stripes embossing folder

You won't want to miss the next stop which is Cindy Beach's blog.  Enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by.

10 comments:

Dawn Tidd said...

What a fun duo, Lisa! I love the water color technique you used, it's gorgeous! The Christmas inspiration is really pretty. I'm inspired!

Beth Beard said...

Love the water coloring! Very artistic.

Shannon Hokanson said...

The watercolor on the top card is fabulous! The Christmas card is one of my favorite this season. The white embossed leaf really makes it pop.

Marla said...

My favorite Blog Hop, Lisa! Your cards are absolutely stunning--everything about them! What fun!

Mike said...

Lisa, both of your cards are so different! But I think I like the Christmas card best. It's mono chromatic look is so modern looking. However I do love the water color background of the first card. I'm so confused – – I like them both!

Heidi Baks said...

Beautiful job, as always, Lisa!

Adriana Benitez said...

Really neat watercolor effect - how cool is that? And I really like your Christmas card, too. I hadn't really considered this as something to use for Christmas, but it looks great! TFS

irishgalkelly said...

Wow Lisa, your cards are stunning! The first one takes my breath away. So dreamy with that background. I also love the colors you've used and the white embossing. So unique, so pretty. The second one is outstanding as well. I would've never thought to use this set for Christmas and I love how you accomplished that! The simple beauty of the white leaves with berries is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with us and all your inspiration!

rubberredneck said...

WOW I love your cards!! I've got to try the watercolor thing. Just WOW I love the christmas one it looks so easy too! lol Beautiful job as always!

Jeanne Nielsen said...

Beautiful card! I can't wait to case it! (I didn't leave a comment above on your "hammered star" card, but that is ingenious too!! Can't wait to try it! TFS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...