Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Birthday Banners

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my American followers! Because Thanksgiving and the new challenges at Create with Connie and Mary both fall on Thursdays, I have a challenge card to show you.

Here is the sketch.
And my card is not a Thanksgiving card because I didn't think that far ahead! Instead, I thought the sketch would make a great birthday card.
All of the designer paper is from the Sweet Taffy series. And because I love turquoise, I used Tempting Turquoise for layering and for stamping the sentiment. After I assembled the card I added some Basic Rhinestones and then as an afterthought I punched a small star from Melon Mambo card stock and adhered it to the front of the card. 

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Hey You
Paper: Sweet Taffy
Card Stock: Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, Melon Mambo
Ink: Tempting Turquoise
Other: White Baker's Twine, Basic Rhinestones, Itty Bitty Accent punch pack

It's a busy time of year but we hope you will join us at Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog with a card of your own creation! Can't wait to see what you do with the sketch. 

Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

Deb said...

I love this birthday card! Your use of the patterned papers is perfect! I just love everything about it! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

Debbie Henderson said...

Lots of pretty DSP patterns and you made them work so well together!

Lisa Martz said...

What a fun way to do up this sketch! I love that you used DSP instead of a stamped image for the banners. Very cheerful!

Joanne James said...

Love your choice of papers and the mix of colours - Brights are my favourite, so this is just the kind of card I'd like to receive. Very pretty!

Melissa Davies said...

Love the bright, happy colors - a great party card!

Nicole Tugrul said...

This is such a fun card!! I love this DSP and your birthday card is perfect with it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...