Thursday, November 20, 2014

Blooming with Kindness


I have a lovely color challenge to show you today from Create with Connie and Mary! I think of it as a final nod to autumn and a break from the colors of Christmas and winter. 
I used these lovely colors to create a birthday card.
I began with background using a piece of designer paper from the Park Lane series. I love the foliage pattern in this paper! The flower was stamped and then fussy cut with sponging around the edges to give it some depth. To add the Tangelo Twist color to my color, I stamped and punched a butterfly from Tangelo Twist card stock.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Blooming with Kindness, Papillon Potpourri
Paper: Park Lane
Card Stock: Whisper White, Blackberry Bliss, Hello Honey, Tangelo Twist
Ink: Hello Honey, Blackberry Bliss
Other: Butterfly punch, Corner punch, sponge

For more inspiration, head over to Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog. I hope you will join us with a creation of your own!

Thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

Margaret Raburn said...

Lisa, I love everything about your card: DSP, flower, butterfly!! What a perfect use of these colors for a warm and lovely fall card!!

Lisa Martz said...

Everything is so elegant...the DSP, the flower, the butterfly. Very pretty card!

Melissa Davies said...

Gorgeous Fall birthday card! The DSP give the card a touch of elegance - very pretty!

Deb said...

Stunning! The background paper makes your flower pop! And the butterfly is a perfect accent!

Nicole Tugrul said...

Gorgeous birthday card!! The DSP was perfect for this challenge, very rich and elegant!

Connie said...

Beautiful! I love the sponging around the flower...gorgeous card for a fall birthday! Great job with the color challenge this week!

Debbie Henderson said...

The designer paper does all the work for you, very pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...