Thursday, November 13, 2014

Baby Girl or Baby Boy?


It is time for another challenge from Create with Connie and Mary. I hope you can play along! It is a really fun, creative sketch.

I went with a baby card. No. There are no grandchildren on the way if that is what you are thinking! I just like to have baby cards on hand.
I stenciled some stars on Soft Sky card stock. It photographed dark but yes, it is Soft Sky and added some Pink Pirouette paper and a doily.

The moon and stars are from the stamp set, Pictogram Punches. I drew the lines by hand with the fine point of Stampin' Write Markers. My original card had 2 strips of ribbon down the left side but I wasn't feeling it so I punched a strip of Whisper White with the Star Border Punch and layered it on Soft Sky card stock. I liked that much better. 

The sentiment is from Petite Pairs and is raised up a bit with a dimensional. I think this card would be appropriate for girl or boy and totally mailable which seems to be my objective more and more!

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Pictogram Punches, Petite Pairs
Paper: Pink Pirouette paper
Card Stock: Soft Sky, Whisper White, Pink Pirouette
Ink: Soft Sky, Pink Pirouette
Other: Doily, circle punch, scallop circle punch, dimensional, Star Border Punch, Star stencil, sponge dauber

I hope you will be able to play along this week. We love to see what you create! For more inspiration, or to link your project, just go Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog!

Thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

christi said...

this is such a cute card. I really like how you don't even have to know boy or girl, it's covered. just had to pop in and say how much I enjoyed this card.

Margaret Raburn said...

Lisa, what a darling baby card! I love the crescent moon and the variety of stars you used! So sweet!

Deb said...

Super sweet baby card! Love how the strip of punched stars mimics what is stamped on the card!

Lisa Martz said...

Very cute baby card! Would be great for twins since it is both colors. Would also be great for an unknown gender.

Debbie Henderson said...

Love how you made this for a baby boy or girl, such a beautiful design!

Stef Perry said...

That is so cute, Lisa! The doily behind the main image really softens the overall look of the card. Very sweet.

Nicole Tugrul said...

What a sweet baby card!!! I love the stars down the side, so lovely!

Connie said...

This is a SUPER baby card! I'm keeping it in my ideas for the next baby card I need! Great job with the sketch challenge this week!

Joanne James said...

Such a pretty card Lisa and great to have on standby for a baby boy or girl. I love the star and doily elements = o pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...