Monday, November 10, 2014

An Open Heart Christmas


Happy Monday.? I hope you had a wonderful weekend! While I didn't get any stamping done, I did get a lot done around the house. The kitchen is almost finished and I am ok with the almost part because my oven is now plugged in! Five weeks without one was getting old fast. 

On another note, Christmas is right around the corner as my children reminded me. So here is a card for you to enjoy.
I used the stamp from An Open Heart stamp set and made it into a spray of Christmas berries. First I die cut an Oval with Oval Framelits. Then I stamped the branch with Always Artichoke ink. Then I used Old Olive and Cherry Cobbler Blendabilities to add the color. Yes, Always Artichoke is a water based ink and Blendabilities are alcohol based but Always Artichoke is one of the inks that can be used with Blendabilities - which is why I chose it for my card!
Tip: To give the image some depth, I added a line of Smoky Slate Blendabilities here and there under the branch to create a shadow.

The sentiment is from Petite Pairs. I love the fonts of this set and the fact that they can fit in tiny places. The ribbon is actually 3 pieces: 2 straight pieces and one for the bow which I tied and attached with a Glue Dot.

I hope you have a great day. Because it is David's one day off, I will be spending the day with him probably working around the house.

All supplies for my card are Stampin' Up!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

2 comments:

JoAnn said...

Very pretty card. Love the spray and your coloring.
I have also stamped an image with Always Artichoke and colored it with alcohol markers and it worked great.

Elise G said...

Simple and stunning. Love it!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...