Thursday, October 30, 2014

Tap, Tap, Tap


Welcome to another challenge from Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog. It is sketch week so here is the sketch and I hope you will be inspired enough to play along!


Even though tomorrow is Halloween and Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner, I created a card that is useful all year round. Not that there is anything wrong with creating a holiday card - anything goes :)

The paper is from Flashback series and it reminded me of a lot of typed "o"s. I played around with different colors for the oval and of course, me being obsessed with red right now, went with red. I stamped it with the notepaper image and the "tap, tap, tap". 

The typewriter from the Tap, Tap, Tap stamp set, is stamped with Black Memento onto Pool Party card stock. I added a little bit of shadow with the lights Coastal Cabana Blendabilities and a Smoky Slate Blendabilities. It gave the typewriter a little bit of depth. To get the blank piece of typing paper in the typewriter, I actually stamped the image on a scrap of very vanilla, cut it out, and glued it over the soft sky card stock. 

I wanted this to be a thank you card so I searched through my stamp sets for an appropriate font. I found it in the An Open Heart stamp set. It looks like a typed message - or close enough to make me happy. 

I almost forgot to add the 3 dots at the top of the card! First I tried Candy Dots but I wasn't feeling it so I ended up with gold sequins. Not sure they were the best choice either but I went with it. 

All supplies are Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Tap, Tap, Tap; An Open Heart
Paper: Flashback
Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Real Red, Pool Party
Ink: Black Memento; Coastal Cabana Blendabilities; Smoky Slate Blendabilities
Other: Gold Sequins, Big Shot, Oval Framelit

Thanks for stopping. If you have a chance, please check out what the others created with this sketch. And I sure hope you will join us with a project of your own! All at Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog.

6 comments:

Deb said...

I totally love everything about this card! That typewriter, dsp and all your details are just super!!

Pam said...

Wow, girl! You're just knocking 'em outta the park"! Another home-run in my book. Thanks for adding more beauty to this wonderful Earth & your inspiration!

Melissa Davies said...

Love the year-round cards! Even during the holidays, regular life happens so this will be a perfect thank you card to have on hand!

Lisa Martz said...

Great card! Fabulous color scheme. Love all the little details like the white paper in the typewriter...clever.

Connie said...

You really ROCK this stamp set! Love the Flashback DSP with it and the tap, tap, tap along the side. Great job with the sketch challenge this week!

Nicole Tugrul said...

Fabulous thank you card! I love the way you colored the typewriter. I definitely forget about more useful cards this time of year...I need to get back to some Thank you cards myself!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...