Thursday, October 9, 2014

Ornamental Pines

I am enjoying the Autumn weather so much it is hard to believe that the Christmas holidays are right around the corner. The colors for today's challenge from Create with Connie and Mary are a great reminder that yes indeed, it is time to begin those Christmas cards. Many of you already have because you are thinking ahead. Nice! But you don't have to create a Christmas card!

I think pine cones and pine branches make beautiful Christmas/Winter cards so I did my best with my card for the color challenge. 

The stamp set is Ornamental Pines from the Holiday Mini catalog. This card is very easy to create if you need to make multiples.

I stamped my pine branch first. To get the branch part of the image to be Baked Brown Sugar, I just wiped off the Garden Green ink from that part of the image. I found that a damp paper towel worked best. Then I used the Baked Brown Sugar marker on the branch that I just cleaned. 

The banner was cut with the Banner Framelits and then I stamped the sentiment, "May the peace…" and the pine cones. Because Baked Brown Sugar is not a deep brown I took the fine point of the marker and added some highlights to the darkest pine cone. Before I adhered the banner on my card I placed it where I wanted it to go and made a teeny tiny pencil mark marking the left side so I would know where I needed to stamp "Christmas Wishes". Then I set the banner aside and stamped "Christmas Wishes". It worked beautifully so I hope the explanation makes sense.

My last step was to add the Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon that I tied into a small bow. Mini Glue dots work great for attaching bows.

All edges were sponged with Baked Brown Sugar ink.

Supplies - Stampin' Up!

Stamp: Ornamental Pines
Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Garden Green
Ink: Garden Green, Baked Brown Sugar, Cherry Cobbler
Other: Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon, sponge, Big Shot, Banner Framelits, Mini Glue Dot

I hope you will be inspired by these colors and again - you can create a card for any occasion - it doesn't have to be Christmas. I personally love out of the box cards! And it is all happening at Create with Connie and Mary, a Stampin' Up! only challenge blog.

Thanks for stopping.

5 comments:

Deb said...

This is gorgeous! Love how you did the banner and the detail of the pinecone! Genius!

Nicole Tugrul said...

Gorgeous card! I love the design. With a bunch of the team using this set, I am feeling like I need to get this one!!

Debbie Henderson said...

So cute Lisa how the tag is hanging from the pine branch!

Lisa Martz said...

Looks like you and I were thinking alike with this color challenge! I love how you used the pine one images on the tag...really neat effect.

Connie said...

Yes, Christmas is going to sneak up on us this year I'm afraid! Love the Ornament pine being stamped on different layers and your layout! That ribbon is really a nice touch, too! Great job with the color combo this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...