Thursday, October 2, 2014

Flower Patch CCMC323

Hello to you, my stamper friends! I have a sketch this week from Create with Connie and Mary . If you ever look at cards on Pinterest you may have noticed a trend to use layers that are a little "off kilter" as I call it. Today's sketch incorporates such a layer and I had fun with it - hope you do to!
I went with a floral card using some beautiful fall colors from the Park Lane designer paper series.

The focal point of my card is a flower that I stamped with the Flower Patch stamp set and cut with its coordinating framelits. Then I sponged the edges with soft suede. Once I had it to my liking I layered it on a frame that I embossed with one of the new Fun Frames embossing folders. I had to cut it by hand but it was easy to cut. Before I adhered it I looped some Crushed Curry Baker's Twine behind the flower. 

I thought I would struggle with this sketch because I tend to like things to line up straight and even, but this card came together easily. I love when that happens!

Here are the supplies. All Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Flower Patch
Paper: Park Lane series
Card Stock: Whisper White, Soft Suede, Calypso Coral
Ink: Soft Suede, Old Olive, Calypso Coral
Other: Big Shot, Fun Frames embossing folder, Flower Fair framelits, Crushed Curry Baker's Twine, Basic Pearls, sponge, dimensionals, Itty Bitty Accent Punch pack

Won't you join us this week at Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog?  We love to see how others use the sketch! 

Thanks for stopping.

7 comments:

Connie Babbert said...

Wow! Love the pop of color on the neutral background! Beautiful card! Wonderful job with the sketch challenge this week!

Deb said...

Gorgeous! Love the colors! You have so many great details and accents! Love it!!

Lisa Martz said...

Love the colors...very rich. I also love the geometric background with the florals...looks fabulous and not something I would have thought to try! Love the little pearls!

Debbie Henderson said...

I love the way you layered your flower Lisa and the red really stands out!

Joanne James said...

I love the slightly aged/vintage look of your card Lisa - a nice alternative style for the Flower Patch set.

Margaret Raburn said...

I'm really drawn to your color scheme; those colors really work together so well! Love the layers on your flower and behind it too! Beautiful!

Nicole Tugrul said...

Beautiful card!! I love the three dimensional flower. Awesome job with the sketch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...