Thursday, October 23, 2014

Christmas Candles

Welcome to another challenge from the Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog. I am excited to share today's card with you because it is one of those concepts that floated around in my head for a while but I wasn't sure how it would translate to a card.
The challenge colors worked well for my card but they could easily be changed to other colors as well.
My first step in creating the card was to figure out how to stamp the pine needles from without the branch. I masked the bottom part of the card with a sticky notes. Then I stamped the pine branch from Ornamental Pine a few times to get the look I wanted. When I removed the sticky notes I had clean white space below the greens.

The candles are embossed card stock - Lost Lagoon and Brushed Silver. I trimmed them to the width I wanted and then I used the Bird Builder punch to make the curve in each candle and to make the flames. The silver candle and flame are attached with dimensionals. 

Once I had my candles in place I adhered the sentiment with dimensionals and glued on some silver sequins and a silver bow. 

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Ornamental Pine
Card Stock: Brushed Silver, Whisper White, Lost Lagoon, Mossy Meadow
Ink: Mossy Meadow
Other: dimensionals, Bird Builder punch, Big Shot, Stylish Stripes embossing folder, Delicate Designs embossing folder, 1/8" silver ribbon, Frosted Sequins

Now it's your turn! Just go to the Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog and link up your card. Be sure to check out what the other members of the design team created too! 

Thanks for stopping.

10 comments:

Doris said...

What a creative way to use Ornamental Pine!

Connie said...

Love how you did the candles nesting in the ornamental pine. So pretty and elegant! Great job with the color challenge this week!

xrciznuts said...

I LOVE this card! Would you mind if I CASE your card for a Stamp-A-Stack event in November? I emailed you my questions.
Thank you so much for your inspiration!
Kim S

Gayle said...

Beautiful card!

Deb said...

What a totally clever and awesome idea! Love how you used the pine branch and then created the candles! Beautiful card!!

Nicole Tugrul said...

SOOOOO gorgeous!! I love the crisp clean look! The way you used the ornamental pines is just perfect! I love it all!!

Melissa Davies said...

Ooh! I LOVE the textured candles with the pine image! So elegant and sophisticated!

Lisa Martz said...

This is fabulous! I love everything about this! Saving to my favorites.

Margaret Raburn said...

You are so creative and clever to design and create this card!! I love the candles and what a wonderful use of the Ornamental Pine set!! Love your card!!

Granny Lewis said...

What a simple but effective design! It's true what they say - 'less is more'. Very elegant, well done.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...