Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Antique Auto

Yesterday was my son-in-law's birthday and being the car lover that he is, I dug out an old, retired stamp set for his card. 

The card is larger than usual - 5 x7 - I think. I know it didn't require extra postage to mail it.
The stamp set is called Antique Auto (I think) so I went with an antiqued look for my card. The layer of Lost Lagoon card stock is textured with the argyle embossing folder and was a little tricky because it was so large. I had to line up the embossing folder 4 separate times and run it through the Big Shot 4 times. Fortunately the sponging and the layer of Typeset designer paper covers some flaws!

All of the stamped images and the pieces of Typeset paper are sponged with Soft Suede ink which is my go to ink for a true vintage, antique look. 

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Antique Autos (I think), And Many More, Gorgeous Grunge
Paper: Typeset specialty paper
Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Night of Navy, Lost Lagoon
Ink: Black Memento, Soft Suede
Other: Big Shot, Argyle embossing folder, sponge

Thanks for stopping by. 

3 comments:

Terry Montgomery said...

gorgeous card

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Although I don't usually like the oversized cards, this one looks fantastic!
Love the antique car...
Hugs.

Pam said...

Oh, Lisa...this card immediately brought a happy tear to my eye. It's PERFECT! Every detail adds so much to the card without distracting from any of it. This is a card if I saw in a craft store it would have to be a, "I MUST have that card"!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...