Saturday, September 6, 2014

Ray of Sunshine for some Vitamin D

Did you know that you can have a deficiency in Vitamin D? I have been reading up on the subject and now wonder if that is why I literally crave sunshine in the winter? I love sunshine no matter what time of year - it makes me happy. I am not Vitamin D deficient by the way :)

Ray of Sunshine was one of the first stamp sets that I purchased from the new catalog. I love the artsy looking face but I mainly purchased it for the sentiments that come with it. They all have to do with sunshine and I know my daughters will appreciate cards stamped with this set so it was a no brainer for me. But with all of the other new sets and now the Holiday Mini, I just today inked up some Ray of Sunshine stamps!

I was inspired by two challenges: 
Stampin' Royalty's challenge is a Black and White card with a pop of color. 
Retro Sketches has a sketch this week that is simple and perfect for my sun.


My card is 4 1/4" square so it will fit in an A2 envelope. First I stamped the background with the World Map background. Then on a separate piece of card stock, I stamped the sun and face. I then cut out my sun and added it to the front of the card with some dimensionals. Once I added my sentiment, the card was complete. No embellishments this time - just a clean and simple card.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! Click on any picture to go to my Online Store.
Thanks for stopping by. 

1 comment:

Steve Jenks said...

Awesome job! I really liked how you combined the two challenges into a really nice and simple card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...