Thursday, September 11, 2014

Life in the Forest CCMC320

Welcome to another challenge from the Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog. Last week was a sketch. This week it is colors - 3 beautiful colors. 
I am on a Blendabilities kick right now (because I love them) so I used them on today's card. 
The little animals in the Life in the Forest stamp set are so perfect for these alcohol markers. I chose the fox and colored him with the Smoky Slate Blendabilites. Then I cut him out and added him to a circle of Whisper White card stock. The trees, also from Life in the Forest stamp set, are paper pieced with Pear Pizzazz designer paper. 

To make the background, I cut a piece of Lost Lagoon card stock to the width of 2 1/4". Then I used the Confetti Stars Punch (Holiday Mini) and punched along one length, turned it around and punched the other side. The Pear Pizzazz card stock is embossed with the Chevron embossing folder. My final step was to add some Baker's Twine and a little star that I punched with the star from the Itty Bitty Accent punch pack.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Life in the Forest, Four You
Paper: Pear Pizzazz from Subtles Collection
Card Stock: Whisper White, Lost Lagoon, Pear Pizzazz
Ink: Smoky Slate, Black Memento, Smoky Slate Blendabilities
Other: Baker's Twine, Itty Bitty Accent Punch pack, Big Shot, Chevron embossing folder, Confetti Stars Punch

I hope you can play along with us this week at Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog. It's easy. It's fun!

Thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

Connie said...

This is SO cute! I love the little fox...great job coloring, too!

Lisa Martz said...

What does the fox say? I guess he says...hello! Love this card! I really like the punched stars making the night sky! Putting this into my favorites!

Tanya Boser said...

Seriously adorable!! You just sold me on the star border punch, I have everything else :)

Joanne James said...

What a great card - I love all of the patterns and textures alongside the cute little fox.

Deb said...

I am loving that stars punch! And I love how you colored your images! Awesome card!!

Melissa Davies said...

Your coloring is PERFECTION! What a great idea to use the star border punch for background paper!

Nicole Tugrul said...

Gorgeous card!!! I love the fox in gray, you did an amazing job coloring him!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...