Thursday, September 25, 2014

Happy Halloween You Little Furball

Autumn is officially here, and in New England we are seeing lots of lovely color. And speaking of Autumn colors, Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog is featuring three. 
I immediately thought of Halloween so I created a fun card using one of the cats from the You Little Furball stamp set.
First I used the Lucky Stars embossing folder (from the Holiday Mini) to create a starry background on the Tangerine Tango card stock. It doesn't show up well in the photo but it's there! Then I cut a circle from Crushed Curry card stock and sponged it with Tangerine Tango ink. Next I stamped my cat onto the circle and colored his eyes with my Chalk Marker and gave it a little Rhinestone bling. The bats are from the Holiday Mini set, Holiday Home. They added just the right amount of scary. 

My original thought was to use a traditional looking stockade fence made with the Hardware background stamp, Basic Black card stock and Whisper White ink, but it didn't look "halloweeny" enough so I cut it apart and made it a little bit rickety. Much better.

And to create my word bubble I used a Word Bubble framelit and stamped 2 different sentiments - both from the And Many More stamp set

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: You Little Furball, And Many More, Holiday Home, Hardwood Background
Card Stock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Tangerine Tango, Crushed Curry
Ink: Black Memento, Tangerine Tango, Whisper White
Other: Big Shot, Lucky Stars embossing folder, Circle framelits, Word Bubble frame lit, sponge, Chalk Marker, Basic Rhinestones

I can't wait to see what you create - these colors are just too good to pass up. All happening at Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog.

Thanks for stopping.

8 comments:

Deb said...

I think this is the cutest card I have seen! What a great way to use the challenge colors! And what a creative way to use these stamps! I am in love with your card!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Lisa such a cute card and I love your rickety fence! hugs.

Lisa Martz said...

Love the way you use the Hardwood set for the fenceposts! What a fun card!

Debbie Henderson said...

Your fence is super! And using the stars embossing for the orange sky looks great too!

Connie said...

Would love to visit up there and see the fall colors one day! WONDERFUL card! I love the cat peeking over the fence! Awesome job with the color challenge!

Nicole Tugrul said...

What a cute Halloween card!! I love all the special touches, the stars and the cool fence. You did an awesome job with this challenge!

Melissa Davies said...

Creative, clever and DARLING! One of the best Halloween cards I have seen this season!

mark lawrence said...

This card is really looking nice and I am thankful to you for sharing it here. I am also planning a party at DC venues for Halloween. Do you think using these colors in my party will be a good idea?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...