Sunday, September 7, 2014

Bloom with Hope from my garden

I often draw inspiration for my cards from the flowers growing in my gardens. Right now my zinnias and marigolds are big, bright, and beautiful. I love to look out my kitchen window at them. Today's card was inspired by a particularly beautiful zinnia that I see from that window. 


I used this week's sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch, a clean and simple challenge blog. I love their sketches for that very reason - they are clean and simple. 

I wanted the emphasis on my card to be the flower so I didn't add any texture, designer paper, or embellishments. Instead I chose Pear Pizzazz card stock for my banner because it is a subtle green but isn't overpowered by the warm colors of the flower. 

The flower was colored with Stampin' Up!'s new Blendabilities alcohol markers. I used Calypso Corals, and Daffodil Delights plus Crumb Cakes for the center.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! Clicking on any picture below will take you to my Online Store. 
Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

Marika (MeandMinimecrafting) said...

Very lovely card! I also like the fact that the sketch can be easily seen in your card! Lovely work!

Lizy Bartaby said...

This is beautiful Lisa! I think the green goes beautifully with your autumn coloured flower :)
Lizy xx

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so pretty! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Chrissy Larson said...

Absolutely lovely!!

donna mikasa said...

Gorgeous take on the sketch! That is one beautiful bloom!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...