Thursday, August 14, 2014

World of Dreams CCMC316

Interesting color challenge at Create with Connie and Mary! I love it! 
I played around with the color combinations trying to get a nice balance. Here is what I ended up with.
I used 2 of the 4 sprays from the World of Dreams stamp set for the background of my tag. I also added some speckles with Gorgeous Grunge stamp set. Then I punched 2 flowers with the little punch in the Itty Bitty Accent pack and added pearls. World of Dreams is such a great stamp set for adding bold or subtle background foliage to a card!

Now I am not a staple kind of gal but it worked to hold the ribbon in place at the top of my tag. Before I adhered the designer paper and tag to the front of the card, I stamped the sentiment - just in case I made a mistake. 

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: World of Dreams, Gorgeous Grunge, Something to Say
Paper: Park Lane 
Card Stock: Whisper White, Soft Sky, Blackberry Bliss
Ink: Soft Sky, Old Olive
Other: Basic Pearls, Scallop Border punch, Blackberry Bliss Ribbon, Scalloped Tag Topper Punch

Go to Create with Connie and Mary for some more inspiration. Hope you can play along!

Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

Debbie Henderson said...

Great looking tag Lisa, I especially like how you combined the teeny punched flowers!

Deloris Carroll said...

Love the stamped images on the tag! Great card!

Deb said...

Your tag is beautiful and so eye catching! I love it!! What an awesome way to use these colors!

Lisa Martz said...

Love this card! Simple enough to do for a class, but has all the bells and whistles. Just lovely!

Nicole Tugrul said...

Beautiful card! I love the layered stamping your tag, simply gorgeous!

Joanne James said...

Gorgeous! Love the detail and dimension in the tag and how you've used the DSP behind. Really pretty.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...