Saturday, August 9, 2014

Thanks Mate!

I love today's card. I needed a thank you for beach/sailing friends of ours.
And since we live in Massachusetts I thought this card would be appropriate. Whaling used to be a huge thing in Massachusetts and the Islands, especially Nantucket. 
Side note: I read the book Nightbirds on Nantucket by Joan Aiken when I was a child (it was first published in 1966) and never dreamed I would live in Massachusetts some day. I still haven't made it to the island of Nantucket though - but it is on my bucket list! Then I read the book aloud to my 3 girls when they were young. We were living in Massachusetts by then so the book took on a new thrill. Anyway. I love the book!

For the humpback whale in my card, I just used the designer series paper, Maritime. I cut the whale's tale with scissors and then used my paper cutter to trim the rest.

The stamp set that I used is still available. It is one of the photopolymer sets released months ago called Settin' Sail. It contains so many fun images. The sentiment is also from this set and I used the Word Bubble frame lit to cut it out. I wanted it to look like the whale was speaking.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! Just click on any picture below and it will take you to my Online Store.
Oops. Forgot to add Big Shot # 113439 and Word Bubble Framelits # 132968

Thanks for indulging me and thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

mathgirl said...

What a great card! Very creative use of Designer series Paper....love the Sea Street stamp set!

Margaret said...

just too cute! and I need to check out the book.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...