Thursday, August 7, 2014

Tap Tap Tap

When I saw the sketch for this week's challenge at Create with Connie and Mary I immediately thought it would be a great time to use some of Stampin' Up!'s fabulous designer paper!
I was more than thrilled when I saw the Typeset designer paper in the new catalog. I really loved our now retired First Edition paper and was so sorry to see it go.

For my card, I combined the Typeset paper with the new Tap Tap Tap stamp set. 
Now I know typewriters are usually black but I love red so I used our new Blendabilities alcohol markers and gave it some color! I used a combination of Cherry Cobbler and Smoky Slate. Then I did use a Basic Black water based marker to highlight the keys. 

The striped banner is also from the Typeset designer paper. The tap tap tap banner is tamped. 

Once I cut out the typewriter and mounted it to the front of my card I felt like the card needed something so I added some gold baker's twin and some black candy dots. 

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Tap Tap Tap
Paper: Typeset Specialty Paper
Card Stock: Basic Black, Whisper White, Very Vanilla
Ink: Black Memento, Cherry Cobbler Blendabilities, Smoky Slate Blendabilities, Basic Black marker
Other: Gold Baker's Twine, Candy Dots, Dimensionals.

Hope you get a chance to play along with us at Create with Connie and Mary

Thanks for stopping by.

12 comments:

Joan V said...

Gorgeous card. That typewriter is awesome and I love the color you chose. Thanks for sharing.

Nicole Tugrul said...

Fabulous card! I LOVE your red typewriter!!

Loni Spendlove said...

This is my favorite card today! The newsprint is perfect, the coloring pops and it just made me smile. Thanks for sharing your talent with us!

Paula said...

What a great take on this sketch Lisa. I hope you don't mind if I CASE you, this card is terrific!

Debbie Henderson said...

The coloring on your typewriter is totally awesome Lisa, great job!

Lisa Martz said...

Just love this! Love how you used the newsprint paper in the background...ties in nicely with the typewriter. Very cool look!

Deb said...

I think your card is just super adorable! I am in love with your red typewriter! What a great way to use the sketch!

Joanne James said...

Lisa I love that cheery red typewriter! Just perfect with the typeset paper behind. Looks like you're having fun with your Blendabilities too!

Margaret Raburn said...

Lisa, I love your red typewriter and like you, was thrilled to see the new Typeset paper in the catty, which is perfect for the background strips!! What a fun and great card to say hello!!

Debbie Henderson said...

The coloring of your typewriter is totally awesome Lisa and your card is wonderful!

Melissa Davies said...

I LOVE everything about this card! Your coloring is absolutely beautiful! I told myself I didn't "need" this set - I was wrong!

Connie said...

Now I REALLY want to get that set! You have done FABULOUS things with it! The newsprint strips is PERFECT paired with the typewriter! Great job with the sketch this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...