Saturday, August 23, 2014

Let's Talk Storage, Day 2

I hope you enjoyed reading about my Stamp Room saga! Here is the link in case you missed it. 

Yesterday I showed you my paper storage system, my punch organizer and the shelves lining my table. Today, as I move to the right in my Stamping Area I have my Ink Pad and Marker storage as well as my Blendabilities. 


This is the 60 Ink Pad/Marker Combo Organizer that I use for my Ink Pads and Markers. 
Here is what it looks like with all 50 of my Stampin' Up! ink pads plus Stazon, Versamark, Black Memento, etc.
For years and years I used the Color Caddy from Stampin' Up! for my ink pads and a plastic box for my markers. When I downsized my Stamping Area, a new way to store my Ink Pads and Stampin' Write markers was at the top of my list. As I did with my Lockdown Punch Organizer, I went back and forth between Organize More and Stampin' Storage. I went with the Organize More 60 Ink Pad/Marker Combo Organizer because of the fabulous Daily Deal price. And it came already painted white. And I liked the box shaped cubbies for the markers as opposed to the circle version. As you can see I have more than one marker in some of the colors and the box shaped cubby holds 2 markers each. I didn't get the one that included the holders for the ReInkers for 2 reasons: Space and I didn't want to store my Reinkers on their sides (leaks). So those are stored elsewhere. I love my Organize More Lockdown Punch Organizer and I REALLY love my Organize More Ink Pad/Marker Combo Organizer!

My ink pad/marker organizer sits on a 31" Closetmaid shelf. The shelf itself is perfect for holding my Blendabilities storage system and the containers holding my sponges and embellishments.

This is how I store my Blendabilities. It is the Crafter's Companion Ultimate Marker storage found here. 
 Again, I researched ways to store my Blendabilities, the new alcohol markers from Stampin' Up! They are larger than the Stampin' Write markers and come in color groups of 3. 

The Ultimate Marker Storage has compartments that are big enough for the markers to rest on any of their 4 sides - as shown in the pictures.
The storage system is hard plastic and comes in individual trays that can be stacked up and down at an angle as seen here, or stacked evenly. All 6 rows fit on my shelf. That is enough for 72 markers! When Stampin' Up! releases more colors, I can purchase individual trays if I need to . I also can spread the trays out in a row and store them that way. Example: A row of 3 trays stacked upon another row of 3 trays. There are so many options which is why I LOVE this organizational system.

To the left of the Blendabilities and below the Ink Pad/Marker organizer are my storage containers for my sponges, embellishments, candy dots, pearls, and rhinestones. 
I store my pearls and rhinestones in Clear-Mount Stamp Cases and my candy dots and sequins in Wood-Mount Stamp Cases. The embellishments and sponges are stored in these plastic containers with attached lid. They used to hold my embroidery floss. I have at least one sponge for each color - labeled and separated by color collection. 

I apologize for all of the pictures but a picture is worth a thousand words. Right? 

Stamp storage is next - Plus embossing powders, clear blocks, adhesive etc.

5 comments:

jayoshal said...

Thanks for all the great storage ideas. Your place looks great!

Mitzi Luttrull said...

Wow! You've done a phenomenal job of not only organizing, but researching what organizational tool works best in your space. And your area looks great!

Amanda Harbison said...

I am in love with your Blendabiliites storage! and the sponge storage is ingenious. Off to buy more organization products.

Kim In Texas said...

I went with organize more for the same reason you did. Price and it already being painted white was a huge factor! I went ahead and purchased the one with reinkers because I don't like to have to sort through 50+ reinkers. When I went on retreat last weekend, I took the Stamp/reinker organizer with me. I just used seran wrap type product around it to move it. I'm going to have to check out the blendabilities storage you recommend. Thanks for sharing!

Sharon said...

Just ordered the 48 ink pad organizer from Organize More. Can't wait to get it (does it really take 3-5 weeks to get it?) decided NOT to go with the marker storage since I have an old Copic Marker display piece that is working out great for ALL of my markers. Thanks for sharing your AMAZING space with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...