Thursday, August 21, 2014

It's a Garden Party


I am not letting go of summer just yet. I love the season too much! This week's challenge at Create with Connie and Mary is a sketch challenge. I love the rectangular shapes in the border. It was fun trying to use them in a creative way.
Because I am hanging onto summer, I used some summery colors for my card. I also used the sweet stamp set, Garden Party. It is new this year.
First I cut a shape with the Big Shot and Window Frame Framelit. Then I did some masking to create the flower bouquet. I adhered this to a punched circle of Rich Razzleberry card stock. 

The border was made by first stamping the sentiment and then stamping the border to the left and right of the sentiment. I messed around a bit with different pieces of designer paper for the bottom border. Two different patterns just weren't working for me so I went with the same Sweet Taffy paper pattern cut into two pieces. 

My finale was to color some Basic Rhinestones with Pumpkin Pie and Rich Razzleberry Blendabilities and add them to the card front. 

All supplies are Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Garden Party
Paper: Sweet Taffy 
Card Stock: Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry
Ink: Melon Mambo, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Pumpkin Pie
Blendabilities: Pumpkin Pie, Rich Razzleberry
Other: Basic Rhinestones, Big Shot, Window Frame framelits, 2 1/2" circle punch 

Thanks, Connie and Mary, for another great sketch. If you would like to play along - just go to the Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog (Stampin' Up! only) and link up your card. Can't wait to see what you create.

Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

Lisa Martz said...

I think this stamp set is darling...I have so many flower sets, though...do I need this one? This card is making me want it more. Cute!

Deb said...

Love how you incorporated the greeting with the strips! Clever!! Very pretty summery colors! I love summer but I'm ready for some fall temperatures!

Nicole Tugrul said...

What a sweet card! I love the colorful details. I think I need to add Garden Party to my wish list!

Melissa Davies said...

Love the cluster of colorful flowers - such a pretty card!

Connie Babbert said...

Oh, what a fun, pretty card! I love summer and am trying to hang on, too! Love how you clustered the flowers and the greeting with the background lines! Great job with the sketch this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...