Friday, August 15, 2014

Her Name is Lola

Her name is Lola and she's not a showgirl (mom was tho). And she for sure has never been to the Copacabana! That's a nod to Barry Manilow's song, Copacabana :) No, Lola is just a puppy and she belongs to my daughter and son-in-law. 

No card today - just me rambling.

David and I just got back from a GREAT time in Des Moines, Iowa where we spent some time with my middle daughter and son-in-law. This is the first time we have been able to get there since she moved 2 years ago! More on Iowa later.

This is Lola, their new puppy at 8 weeks of age. Doesn't she look like a stuffed animal?
And at 10 weeks. She wouldn't stand still so this picture is not the best.
She's a Tibetan Terrier (which isn't a terrier, go figure), and a little sweetheart. But I had forgotten how consuming puppies can be! Tibetan Terriers get very hairy but they will keep her clipped since they have no desire to show her. 

Besides spending time with Lola, we went to the Iowa State Fair which was so much fun - overwhelming, but fun. I was good and only had a baked potato to eat. I get the feeling that most people go to the Fair to eat! The next day we went to the Farmers Market in Des Moines and that was even better! We sampled so many different foods and saw so many interesting things. Lola came with us and she was like a Rock Star. She loved all of the attention and met lots of people and dogs. 

David and I were pleasantly surprised by Iowa. The people were soooo friendly which we loved. And we thought the area was beautiful. We've heard (unfortunately) some negative comments about Iowa and corn fields, but really the Des Moines area was not like that at all. There were trees, rivers and lakes and while there aren't any mountains it certainly wasn't flat and boring. Des Moines is my kind of city and I do NOT like cities. 

It was really hard to say goodbye but we will all meet up again for Thanksgiving in Ohio. So after a long airline delay due to issues in Chicago, and a missed plane connection in Chicago, we finally got home at 2:00 in the morning! It's good to be home with my own dog and cat (and my own bed) but it sure was wonderful being with family.

I am hoping to do some stamping this weekend. Stay tuned.

Thanks for stopping by and listening to me ramble.

5 comments:

Joanne Travis said...

Such a cute puppy!! I love it when they come with their own song :) We just got a Corgi that was already named Rocket Man so we are always singing that Elton John song to him.

Diane said...

Lola is so sweet and gorgeous Lisa !! And it sounds as if you had a wonderful time with your daughter....

hugs Diane xx

Doris said...

Glad you had such a wonderful visit. Lola looks adorable, and that's saying a lot from a cat person! Sorry your return trip was so long. We used to have to fly to Prague to visit our daughter and family while they were part of a missions support team there for 7 years. They moved back 2 years ago and now live 20 minutes away, for which we are very grateful. Flying is not what it used to be, so I can identify with your frustration.

Yvette Olendorf said...

Lola is simply adorable.who could not love a puppy?they are so precious.

Karen Zimmer said...

I guess by looking at the fur on Lola...that she SHEDS. She's so cute but looking for my next dog to not shed. I have a German Short Hair pointer now and her white hairs are everywhere..ha!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...