Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Four Feathers with Bokeh Technique


I tried a new technique for today's card. It is all part of the Friday Mashup challenge: Create a card using the Bokeh technique or using a Die Cut or use both. I chose both.


I used  Hello Honey, Soft Suede and Baked Brown Sugar for my background, plus the Whisper White for the circles. Here is what I discovered about this technique. A smooth Water Color paper works best. Because I have never done this technique before, and it requires a large piece of Water Color paper, I practiced first on a non Stampin' Up! piece of WC paper. It was a little rougher in texture so the ink spread differently. Both worked - just differently - and the smoother piece was my favorite.

I chose the Four Feathers stamp set and coordinating Feathers Framelit for my Die Cut focal point. The feathers are stamped with ink and then die cut. I bent the edges a little to give some dimension to an otherwise flat card. I confess that I tried adding glitter to the feathers and embossing them with gold. I tried sequins and Gold Baker's Twine too. But I ended up with simple feathers and a simple, flat card thus allowing the Bokeh background to shine.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! Click on any picture to go to my Online Store.
Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

I really like the soft and warm colors you used on your card, Lisa. Very nice! Thanks for playing with us at the Friday Mashup.
Sara

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

Lisa, great background with the Four Feathers set. The colors you chose work so well together. You executed the technique wonderfully. TFS with the Friday Mashup this week:)

Lisa said...

What lovely colors, they really speak fall to me on this terrific card!

Thanks for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...