Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Control Freak New Catalog Swap


With every new catalog release, the Control Freak Swappers swap card fronts. It is a fantastic way to get ideas and samples - all from truly amazing stampers. 

I chose to use the sweet little stamp set, Garden Party for my swap. 
One of the things that drew me to this set is that it coordinates with the designer series paper Flowerpot. I also love the sentiment :)

To create my card I stamped a spray of flowers and leaves on the large panel of Whisper White card stock. Then I added 2 strips of the Flowerpot designer paper down the side. I have been noticing a trend for this look (the color down one side) so I tried it.

Next I embossed the Night of Navy frame with one of the new Fun Frame embossing folders. Here is a close up so you can see the detail.
To create my flowers in the corner, I first stamped the large flower image with Night of Navy ink. Then I used my Night of Navy Blendabilities to color it in. I know it is recommended that Blendabilities be used with Memento ink but I figured nothing ventured nothing gained. I thought is worked great! The yellow flowers were stamped with Crushed Curry ink and then I just punched them with the 3/4" circle punch. The leaves from the stamped image weren't going to be seen anyway so punching them was a huge time saver!

I looped some Crushed Curry Baker's Twine beneath my flowers and added some bling to the overall card. Some Basic Rhinestones are….basic and some I colored with the Night of Navy Blendabilities.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! To go to my Online Store just click on any of the pictures below.
Other supplies:
Card Stock: Whisper White, Night of Navy, Garden Green
Ink: Blushing Bride, Tangerine Tango, Night of Navy, Crushed Curry, Garden Green
Other: Big Shot

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...