Sunday, July 6, 2014

Stamp Review Crew: Summer Silhouettes Edition

Welcome to another edition of the Stamp Review Crew Blog Hop. We are featuring one of my favorite stamp sets, Summer Silhouettes. If you arrived here from Heidi Baks's blog, then you are in the right place. Isn't she amazing?! If this is your first stop, that is ok because the Blog Hop goes full circle. Just follow the links.

Disclaimer: The Blog Hop officially begins Monday, July 7th, but we like to get the kinks out of the links first, so don't get discouraged. 

I purchased this set when it was first released because I loved the "dandelion" images. I do not like dandelions in my yard, but I love dandelion stamps. Fun childhood memories I guess.

For my cards I used an old technique - Bleaching. And I kept them fairly simple. I added an explanation on bleaching later in this post. 
This card uses a bleached image and a white embossed sentiment. Once I stamped the card stock, I added a scored border all around the edge of the card stock. I used the Simply Scored Scoring Tool to do this. The "seeds" were done with bleach and the speckle stamp from Gorgeous Grunge.

This second card was also done with bleach and then stamped again with Baked Brown Sugar ink. I used the same color card stock because I mainly wanted to show how color stamped over a bleached image works too.
The sentiment was stamped with Whisper White ink (not bleach) and the embossed with White. And again, I used Gorgeous Grunge for the speckles.

To stamp with Bleach, I fold a paper towel in quarters and put it on a paper plate. Then I poured a little bleach onto the paper towel and let it spread. This is your "ink" pad. Tap the stamp lightly into the bleach and stamp on the card stock. Repeat as necessary. CLEAN your stamp thoroughly and IMMEDIATELY. Depending on the card stock it takes a few minutes for the full effect. Magic!

All supplies are Stampin' Up! except the bleach.

Stamps: Summer Silhouettes, Gorgeous Grunge, Perfect Pennants, A Dozen Thoughts
Card Stock: Whisper White, Baked Brown Sugar, Pool Party
Ink: Baked Brown Sugar, Whisper White Craft
Other: Simply Scored Scoring Tool, Round Punch, Banner Framelits, Big Shot, White Embossing Powder, dimensionals
* Bleach, Paper Towel, Paper Plate

Now it is time to go to the next blog which happens to be Ann Schach's blog. She is crazy creative (in a good way).

Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

Dawn Tidd said...

What a fun idea and so perfect for the dandelion image! I love both of them. And the "Wish Big" sentiment is perfect with it too.

rubberredneck said...

Beautiful cards! I love the bleaching technique with them.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful cards. I love the 2nd one with the stamped image over the bleached image.

Nancy Smith said...

OMG - this is just brilliant! I love both cards - think I like the first one slightly better. The Gorgeous Grunge spatters are perfect for the seeds.

mathgirl said...

The cards are BEAUTIFUL! Love the bleach technique. I find using.a new bottle of bleach works best, don't you. Must be something about the air and bleach. Thanks for sharing.

Adriana Benitez said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE the bleached flowers!! And you are so right; there are a wealth of childhood memories that surface with your first card. How many wishes flew upwards ,,, thanks for the inspiration and the great memories!

Heidi Baks said...

Lisa, these cards are absolutely fantastic! I was going to change my club card last minute, when I saw this, but I ran out of time. I will definitely be CASE-ing!

Jill Coleman said...

Very pretty card Lisa. The bleaching effect is so pretty layered with the neutrals. I share your dandelion sentiments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...