Sunday, July 20, 2014

Stamp Review Crew: Lovely As A Tree Edition

Welcome to another Blog Hop with the Stamp Review Crew! We are featuring an oldie but goodie stamp set, Lovely As a Tree. This is one of Stampin' Up!'s most popular stamp sets so it was fun getting creative with this beloved set.

Remember: this Blog Hop officially begins Monday, July 21st. We post early to get the kinks out of the links.

If you arrived at my blog from the ever so creative, Jill Coleman's blog, then you are in the right spot. If this is your first stop, don't worry as the Blog Hop goes full circle - just follow the links.

I only made one card so I hope you like it. By the way - if any of our projects look familiar - they were on display at Convention!
To create my card, I stamped the background with the Hardwood background stamp. Then I created the pickets in the fence by using the Hexagon punch. The bushes are the tops of the tree that is in the Lovely As A Tree stamp set. After I stamped them, I lightly outlined the top with a marker to give it some definition and depth.

The wreath uses the tiny leaf stamp in the set. I drew a circle first and then stamped it repeatedly with Black Memento ink. I used Old Olive Blendabilities to color the leaves and added some berries with the Cherry Cobbler Blendabilities. 

I deliberately left off a sentiment.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! My Online Store can be found here.

Stamps: Lovely as a Tree, Hardwood Background
Card Stock: Whisper White, Old Olive
Ink: Old Olive Blendabilities, Cherry Cobbler Blendabilities, Black Memento Ink, Sahara Sand
Other: Hexagon punch, 2 1/2" Circle punch, sponge

Now it's time to head over to the next stop which happens to be the ever so talented, Cindy Beach. Just click on her name or the picture below. Enjoy

Thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

Yapha said...

What a gorgeous card, Lisa! That wreath is such a clever use of this set, and the bushes down below, too.

Nancy Smith said...

I thought I'd seen everything, but I love how you used the tree to make bushes. And I love the wreath, too - great job!

Beth Beard said...

Love the picket fence and how you made the bushes! Love it!

Deb said...

WOW! This is SO very creative! What a super great way to use this set! Love it!!

quirks59m said...

Just saw your card - love it! Great idea with the tree tops. Thanks for sharing.

Carol Carriveau said...

Wonderful wreath and love the tree tops on the bottom...looks like someone chopped up branches and let them lay....

Christine Blain said...

Wow, Lisa, this is FABULOUS! What a great way to show this old favourite stamp set in a fresh, new light.

rubberredneck said...

Fabulous Lisa!! Now that is thinking outside the box! lol Beautiful and thank you for sharing that creative idea!

Cindy Beach said...

As I stood in front of our board, I marveled with someone next to me about your card. Now that I know who made it I get to tell you what a beauty it is! The wreath and the fence make a gorgeous scene. Love it!

Dewdrop In For Stamping said...

Beautiful, Lisa - and a great way to highlight an older stamp set! If you like wreaths, you must be excited about the Wondrous Wreath set in the new Holiday Catalog!

Mike said...

Okay - you win for most creative use of this set! OMG! I love the hedge! And that wreath must have taken you FOR-ever! But what a stunning creation!

Theresa said...

This is a great card!! Very creative!!!!

Kathy L said...

I'm amazed what a 3D effect you achieved using the tree top stamp. It's a beautiful, totally original card.

Paula said...

Fabulous way to make something old new again. Love your wreath! And the fence effect in the background too. Great job, Lisa!

WebDeb said...

This is extraordinary! I just love the wreath -- worth the time it took to get that circle!

Heidi Baks said...

What a great combination of images to create this scene, Lisa! Really... WOW!

Adriana Benitez said...

Such a neat card. It looks like a pretty fence door, where you are welcome to walk in and visit!

Tanya Boser said...

I have to admit, this card definitely caught my eye when I was looking at pictures of our display board. I am so glad I got to see it a little more close up :) You cut out all of those little leaves to make the wreath, didn't you?! And the bushes on the bottom are soooo clever!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...