Saturday, July 12, 2014

Hey There

How you doin'? That phrase always reminds me of Joey from the sitcom "Friends". That has absolutely nothing to do with my card today other than Joey was probably my favorite character on the show. 

I feel like I have been making a lot of flower/nature cards lately and I will be posting some more in the days ahead. Today, though, I thought maybe I should create something non floral.
I have had these Word Bubble framelits for a while but haven't really used them much. So I began with a stamped Chevron background, some designer paper and Washi Tape. After I inked up the Chevron background, I placed the card stock on top of the stamp and lightly rubbed the card stock here and there. That gave it the faded look which I love. It isn't so intensely chevron!

I had some random pieces of textured card stock in my scrap box so I die cut 2 of them with the Word Bubble Framelits. The arrow was punched with the new What's Up Punch. I love having an arrow punch again!

On a different note - what is up with clean laundry and pets? I brought in the mail and the clean laundry from clothesline and set it on the kitchen floor. The next thing I know Gideon, our cat was sound asleep in the basket! Then he woke up, got out and Cuffy, our dog hopped in and went to sleep. I didn't get a picture of Gideon but I did of Cuffy. David came home from work and there she was. His first question? Why does she have a magazine in there with her? I guess that is a reasonable question given the fact she can't read. Ha. Anyway, my daughters' cats love clean laundry too. Can anyone else relate to this quirk?
All supplies for the card are Stampin' Up! Just click on any of the pictures below and it will take you to my Online Store.
Thanks for stopping. Happy stamping!

3 comments:

Doris said...

Our cats LOVE the laundry baskets. To keep them from the clean laundry, I cover it with the thin plastic from the dry cleaning hangers until I put it away. Perfectly normal in our house!

Marla said...

Cute use of the Word Bubbles, Lisa. I like them run through an embossing folder! And, yes. My cat goes crazy when I put the clean sheets on the bed. :)

Sheila said...

I have a Boston Terrier who prefers the laundry basket to his doggie bed. They are such curious little creatures.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...