Thursday, July 24, 2014

CCMC313 - A masculine birthday.

It's Thursday and that means another challenge from Create with Connie and Mary. It is a sketch challenge this week.
I wanted to do something different with this sketch so created a clean and simple card.
My card is square and rather than use 3 different pieces of card stock or designer series paper I chose to use the stamp image as the center part of the sketch. 

To make the train tracks, I used the stripe image from Gorgeous Grunge stamp set and stamped it on my designer paper. Then I stamped the train from Traveler stamp set over it. I used Versamark to stamp the train because I embossed it in Black. The railroad ties were added by hand with a marker.

The sentiment is from the stamp set, Label Love. I just used markers to get the different colors. I thought this would make a great masculine birthday card!

All stamps are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Traveler, Gorgeous Grunge, Label Love
Paper: Moonshine paper stack
Card Stock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Tempting Turquoise
Ink: Versamark, Tempting Turquoise marker, Basic Black marker, Hello Honey marker
Other: Black Embossing powder, Artisan Label punch, dimensional

Hope you will join us this week and create a card of your own using this sketch! Or just head over to Create with Connie and Mary to see what the others created.

Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

Deb said...

Well now that is just too creative!!! Love how you did the tracks! So very clever! Great interpretation of the sketch!

Laurie said...

Very cool way to make the railroad tracks! Great card!

Lisa Martz said...

I love how you thought outside the box and used the angled train image for the sketch. It totally works! Great man card!

Nicole Tugrul said...

Fabulous card! I love the way you put the train, perfect for this sketch...very clever!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Lisa what a well thought out super Masculine card. Thanks for sharing how you made the railway tracks, I would never have thought of using the Gorgeous Grunge stamp that way. Beautifully done!

Melissa Davies said...

What a marvelous masculine card! I love the clean and simple look!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...