Thursday, July 31, 2014

CCMC 314 Regarding Dahlias

Hi stampers! I have a color challenge for you - direct from Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog! Hope you will play along with us this week!
I created my card using the Regarding Dahlias stamp set. Let me interject that I am a wannabe Dahlia grower. I love Dahlias but can't get them to grow in my garden. They never seem to produce many blooms. Any dahlia growers out there? I could use some tips!

But. That's the joy of stamping. I can create a Dahlia garden with my stamps. :)
First I stamped the background with the Hardwood Background stamp using Basic Gray. I tried to use less pressure on that lower left corner. Then I just stamped the dahlias right over top. 

The smaller flowers are from the Petite Petals stamp set. And the coordinating punch makes them sooooo easy to make.

My banner is Vellum card stock that I embossed with the Lovely Lace embossing folder. The embossing folder is one of my favorites! I was going to just use the circular sentiment but decided last minute to add some ribbon and sequins. 

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Regarding Dahlias, Petite Petals, Hardwood Background
Card Stock: Whisper White, Bermuda Bay, Vellum card stock
Ink: Tangelo Twist, Bermuda Bay, Basic Gray
Other: Gold Sequins, Organdy Ribbon, Circle punches, dimensional, Petite Petal Punch

Thanks for stopping by. For more inspiration, go to Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog and see what the other Design Team members created for you!

10 comments:

Deb said...

Wow! This is awesome! Love the dahlias stamped right over the background! And that vellum banner is stunning! Love it!

Debbie Henderson said...

Your own home-grown dahlias on your card look wonderful paired up with the Hardwood stamp!

Melissa Davies said...

I LOVE your dahlia garden and embossed vellum banner! What a gorgeous card!

Nicole Tugrul said...

Beautiful card Lisa! I love the Hardwood background with the flowers, simply elegant!

Nicole Tugrul said...

Gorgeous card Lisa!! I love the soft color of the Hardwood background with the pop of color for the flowers, very elegant!

Connie Babbert said...

Gorgeous...love all the texture and details on your card! Lovely! Great job with the color challenge this week!

Connie Babbert said...

Gorgeous...love all the texture and details on your card! Lovely! Great job with the color challenge this week!

Connie Babbert said...

Wow! I love all the details on here...the vellum banner, the gold trim and the beautiful dahlias! Gorgeous card! Great job with the color challenge this week!

Nicole Tugrul said...

Simply gorgeous Lisa! I love the Hardwood background with the flowers in front. Very elegant!

Lisa Martz said...

Looks like flowers agains a white picket fence that needs painting. Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...