Saturday, June 21, 2014

Yippee - Skippee Cowgirl!

Yippee - Skippee! Every time I read that, or hear that, I think of a former coworker.  We both worked in our town's Children's Library and she loved that saying and used it often. Good times! She wasn't a westerner and never wore cowboy boots to my knowledge so I can't say she inspired my card. I just thought the saying fit.
I haven't been using my new Blendabilities much because they still aren't available for you to purchase. Soon I hope, soon! Anyway, I decided to use them again only on something other than a flower. Boots worked!

I stamped 2 cowboy boots with Black Memento ink. Has to be Memento ink, not Stazon because of the alcohol in the markers. Then I colored them with the Cherry Cobbler trio and the Skin Tone Blendabilities. After they were colored to my satisfaction I fussy cut them and adhered them to the front of my card along with some stars from the Perfect Pennants stamp set. I also added a little bitty rhinestone to the top of each boot. 

The new Itty Bitty Accent Punch pack contains a tiny star punch and I love that thing. Stars are so trendy right now - I definitely will be using it a lot! 

Confession: I have always wanted a pair of red cowboy boots. Not sure I would wear them - but I have always loved them!!

All supplies are Stampin' Up! Just click on a picture below to order from my Online Store. Thank you for choosing me!
I also used #130995 - Cherry Cobbler Blendabilities and #129370 - Skin Tone Blendabilities. These items are not available to customers at this point but are coming soon!

Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Mrs. O said...

Love your card! Great job coloring in the red boots! And...I know what you mean about always wanting a pair of red cowboy boots! Ha! Maybe in another life....

Debra Keane said...

Love this Lisa! Going to case it tonight!!! By the way, where in Western Mass are you? My parents are both from Pittsfield.

Mary Ann Gerrish said...

I love this card. I've already made 3 almost exactly like it. My daughter is moving to San Antonio so thought Yipee Skipee (one of her favorite sayings) was appropriate, made one for a friends birthday who lives in Austin and one for me 'cause I just love looking at it. Thanks for sharing your wonderful inspirations.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...