Friday, June 6, 2014

Wildflower Meadow Flower Shop

I have been trying different color combinations with this year's In Colors. It is always fun to experiment! Today's card uses Blushing Bride with 2 new colors: Mossy Meadow and Blackberry Bliss. I like this combination of darks and lights.
Since I had my Simply Scored Scoring Tool already on my desk because I used it for my last 2 cards, I used it for this one too. I scored part of the border on the right side of the card. The Very Vanilla card stock is actually 2 pieces - one is scored and the other is embossed. I layered both pieces over the background that I stamped with Wildflower Meadow. Don't you just love that hummingbird!

Once my border was in place I added my stamped and punched flowers. The leaves were punched with the Bird Builder punch. And since you can never have too many flowers - ok, maybe you can, I added some flowers that I punched with the new Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack.

Speaking of flowers. Here is a picture of Cuffy, my dog amidst the flowers.
She loves to sit on that bench as I putter in the yard. Oh how I love that dog!

All supplies (for the card) are Stampin' Up! Clicking on any of the pictures will take you directly to my Online Store.
Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

Tinabobina99 said...

Brilliant use of Wildflower Meadow. I got the stamp immediately it came out but haven't used it enough -- this encourages me in all sorts of ways. Thanks so much for sharing.

Carol Gleason said...

Lisa - I love how you have combined all the different elements on this card...I don't think you can have too many flowers, and these are just right!

RitaR said...

I find Wildflower Meadow a challenge to use .... I just love the design you've come up with here and I'm inspired!! This is a wonderful design using so many lovely elements. By the way, your photo of your sweet dog is just lovely .... what a great composition!

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. I like colors and the way you did the background.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...