Sunday, June 15, 2014

The Stamp Review Crew: Life in the Forest Edition

Welcome to another edition of the Stamp Review Crew Blog Hop! We are featuring a really fun stamp set, Life in the Forest. One stamp set - lots of inspiration!
If you arrived here from Tanya Boser's blog, then you are in the correct place. If this is your first stop, don't worry. The Hop goes full circle - just follow the links at the end of the post.

I think this stamp set lends itself well to masculine cards just by adding a few masculine elements.
 I went with a clean and simple card and added a metal clip, some texture, and a cute little mustache on my fox. The mustache is from the set, A Fitting Occasion and required the Stamp-a-ma-jig to get it placed right. And the arrow is punched with our new What's Up punch - 2 arrows for the price of one :)

Stamps: Life in the Forest, A Fitting Occasion
Paper: Moonlight paper stack
Card Stock: Basic Black, Basic Gray, Whisper White
Ink: Black Stazon, Basic Gray, Cajun Craze
Other: Stamp-a-ma-jig, Big Shot, Chevron folder, What's Up punch (arrow), Essentials Hardware clip, Angled Tag Topper punch, Blender pen

This next card is not clean and simple, that is for sure! But it sure was fun to create. It is going to be a birthday card for a fellow animal lover.
All of the animals are stamped, colored and cut out. I was going to use the party hat stamp from, A Fitting Occasion stamp set but it went missing right there on my craft table. Poof! So I just used the Petite Pennants Builder punch and cut off the tip of the pennants.

The banner was stamped with the new Alphabet Rotary stamp. I found it easiest to stamp first, then punch. I love the versatility of this stamp - and I don't have to worry about losing any of the stamps!

Stamps: Life in the Forest, Alphabet Rotary stamp
Paper: All Abloom paper stack, Brights collection
Card Stock: Whisper White, Strawberry Slush
Ink: Black Stazon, Pistachip Pudding, Strawberry slush, Cajun Craze, Basic Gray, Basic Black, Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake
Other: Blender pen, sponges, candy dots, Banner punch, Petite Pennants Builder punch, baker's twine

The next stop along the way is Jill Coleman's blog. Just click on her name or on the picture below. Enjoy!
And, as always, thanks for stopping by.

12 comments:

Kerry Willard Bray said...

That mustache is hysterical! Love both of these creations, Lisa...very fun!

Dawn Tidd said...

Love these! I laughed out loud when I saw the mustache on the fox! The party card is awesome! Your friend will love it. Both cards are so cute.

Nancy Smith said...

LOVE your party animals! And the mustached fox - too cute! These cards will bring a smile to the face of whoever receives them.

WebDeb said...

Lisa, I want to go to that party! It looks like loads of fun! You did so much work on that card -- so worth it!

Tanya Boser said...

Oh, my, gosh! I love the little mustache on your fox!!! The party animals are clever too, but my favorite part of that card is the hills out of the green calico DSP, grass with built in flowers :)

Yapha said...

I don't know which is cuter -- the mustache or the party hats!! Great cards, Lisa!

Dodge3670 said...

Adorable cards Lisa. I have a BIG passion for animal stamps and love to see how other crafters use them. Fabulous with all their little party hats!!
Thanks for sharing!

Adriana Benitez said...

Oh my goodness, Lisa! The ideas you have shared are just so fun! The mustache on the fox made me laugh out loud (so cute!) and the party card is oh-so-fun! Great ideas!

Wendie Waldman said...

Just too cute!

Carol Carriveau said...

Love that little fox...so cute with the mustache! Great cards...

Betsy Hunter said...

Love the cuteness, your cards make me smile. Great job.

Jill Coleman said...

LOVE the creativity of your cards. The little party hats are super cute but the mustache on the fox just makes me smile. Love all of the elements on that card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...