Sunday, June 1, 2014

Stamp Review Crew Blog Hop: Everything Eleanor Edition

Welcome to the bimonthly Stamp Review Crew Blog Hop. We are featuring the stamp set, Everything Eleanor and everyone will be showing you at least one way to use this stamp set! If you arrived from talented, Tanya Boser's blog, then you are in the right place. If this is your first stop, that is ok because the Hop goes full circle - just follow the links.

Please note: The blog officially begins Monday, June 2nd. We post early to work out the kinks. So please come back!

I really hammered my cards for today's hop. No seriously! I literally hammered them. I recently discovered the technique of hammering the embossing folder instead of running it through the Big Shot. So fun! 
Before I embossed, I cut an oval with an Oval Framelit on my panel. Then I was able to stamp the inside of the oval - which is actually the card base. I stamped the front panel next and embossed it by inserting it into the embossing folder and randomly hammering. That is the joy of this technique - there is no uniformity.

The center flower was stamped on watercolor paper and colored with ink and an aqua painter. I was going to use pearls for my embellishments but instead I used gold sequins which worked really well with the colors. 

Stamps: Everything Eleanor, Lots of Thanks
Card Stock: Sahara Sand, Watercolor paper
Ink: Sahara Sand, Lost Lagoon, Early Espresso, Soft Suede
Eta: Black Stazon for the center flower - forgot to mention that!
Other: Gold sequins, aqua painter, sponge, Big Shot, Beautifully Baroque embossing folder, circle punch, Oval framelits, hammer

Everything Eleanor has the best shape stamp! It is not only an interesting shape but it stamps so it looks like it has some texture. I love it!

This card is a one layer card stamped on Whisper White card stock - clean and simple.
I inked up the shape stamp and then sponged of some of the center ink to give it a faded look. I used the hammered embossing folder technique again which I love - just not sure I am loving the folder I chose.

Stamps: Everything Eleanor, Perfect Pennants
Card Stock: Whisper White
Ink: Smoky Slate, Blushing Bride, Black Stazon
Other: Pearls, Big Shot, Decorative Dots

It is time to move on to the next stop - Cindy Beach's blog. Just click on her name or the link below. Enjoy!

Thanks for stopping by. 

14 comments:

rubberredneck said...

WOWZIER those are gorgeous. I love the hammer idea how cool is that!!

Tanya Boser said...

Oh, my, gorgeous! THIS is what I always wish my cards would look like. So elegant and lovely! I am also going to have to try the hammered embossing, lol.

Nancy Smith said...

Love our cards, Lisa. Never heard of hammering on an embossing folder. I'll have to give that a try.

Carol Carriveau said...

Amazing technique...and it does not hurt the EF? Love it...and your cards are fabulous!

Dodge3670 said...

GORGEOUS!!!

Mitzi Luttrull said...

Lisa, this is drop dead gorgeous! Love your colors, love your hammered technique, everything! Please tell me how you did the main flower. It looks like you embossed it in some way.

GerriK said...

Lisa, both cards are great but your first card is fabulous!!! I've never heard of the hammered technique but I am sure going to try it. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that first card. Thanks for always sharing.

sue said...

Thanks for the one layer card. Simple, soft and elegant.

Heidi Baks said...

Beautiful cards, but hammering? Seems so angry. :) Any damage to the embossing folders?

Adriana Benitez said...

Hammering… seriously!? Sounds like a lot of fun (great way to de-stress!) and the effect is really unique. Thanks for sharing this idea and your truly lovely finished cards.

Yapha said...

These are gorgeous cards, and that hammering technique sounds like a great way to get out some aggression while stamping!! I like how you cut out the oval and replaced it as well!

Betty said...

Wonderful layers and perfect details. Kind of scary to think of hammering the folder but that is a really cool effect!

Judi said...

Always enjoy your creativity. What fun...a hammer:) Is it a rubber mallet type? Thank you for sharing!

Marla said...

Beautiful, Lisa. Simply beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...