Thursday, June 12, 2014

Everything Eleanor CCMC307

Welcome stampers! It is sketch week at Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog. I hope you will be able to play along!
Here is the sketch.
I totally missed that the sketch is square and I love square cards! Oh well. That being said, if you do play along, obviously it doesn't have to be exactly like the sketch. Lol. As you can see from my card, I didn't use an oval shape either. 
I have had the Everything Eleanor stamp set on my desk so I used one of the flowers for today's card. This card could be an Anniversary card or Wedding card. 

The flowers were stamped with Black Stazon on Watercolor paper and colored with Stampin' Write markers. It is still my favorite way to color. These markers are water based so they work really well with the aqua painter (or brush). I always add layers of color to get the deep tones. Once my flowers were colored, I cut them out and added a Basic Rhinestone to the centers. I love how they give a pop of color to the card.

The little banner off to the right was stamped with gold ink. I was going to emboss it with gold but decided I liked the subtle look of plain ink instead.

Feel free to be creative with the sketch. That is the best part about sketch challenges - they can be interpreted in so many ways. Just make sure you use Stampin' Up! products since it is a Stampin' Up! only challenge blog. Once you create your card, just go to Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog and link up your card. It is not difficult at all. We would love to have you join us this week!

All supplies are Stampin' Up!
Thanks for stopping today!

7 comments:

Deb said...

Wow! Those flowers are gorgeous! Love the heart and the glimmer strip! Beautiful card!!

Susan Mac Donald said...

very nice!!

Nicole Tugrul said...

Wow! Gorgeous wedding card! I love the background, it's so soft and elegant. Looks beautiful with the flowers!

Lisa Martz said...

Great card. Love the texture and the pretty flowers. Love the bling. Great wedding or anniversary card.

Melissa Davies said...

Such a beautiful card! I love the delicate and feminine feel you gave to the card and the glimmer and sparkle adds a touch of elegance!

Connie said...

GORGEOUS! I love the greeting off-set on the heart and the flowers and textures. Wonderful wedding/anniversary card! Great job with the sketch this week!

Joanne James said...

Love the texture on this card and the glimmer sparkle. I went with a wedding theme too this week's, but my card looks totally different to yours.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...