Thursday, June 5, 2014

CCMC306 Too Kind

While I wait for my new Stampin' Up! stamps to arrive, I am enjoying being creative with my old stamp sets! And what better way than with this week's color challenge at Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog?
It has been a looong time since I used Wild Wasabi so this challenge was a lot of fun. Of course anytime I see a green in one of our color challenges I think of flowers/plants.
I began with my card base and used my Simply Scored Scoring Tool and scored a border on all 4 sides.

The stamped panel uses the clear block stamping technique. I inked the clear block with Coastal Cabana ink and then sponged off some of the ink in the center. Next I just stamped the clear block right onto the card stock. The flowers were stamped with Perfect Plum only. I just stamped off first to create the lighter color. The button is Simply Pressed Clay. I like to pre make plain white ones and then paint them with ink and an aqua painter as needed.

Here is a close up of the scored border and it is really easy to do! I miss the Framed Tulips embossing folder so this is a nice alternative.


All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Too Kind
Paper: Wild Wisabi dsp
Card Stock: Whisper White, Wild Wisabi
Ink: Coastal Cabana, Wild Wisabi, Perfect Plum
Other: Simply Scored Scoring Tool, Simply Pressed Clay, Coastal Cabana Twine, Aquapainter

The rest of the design team at Create with Connie and Mary have created some fabulous cards with these colors. I hope you will check them out! And play along if you can - we love to see what others create too!

6 comments:

Debbie Henderson said...

I like they way your colors gave dimension with the stamped images giving the look of layers Lisa. Pretty!

Deb said...

What a great technique! I keep forgetting about this one but it is always so cool! Love the layered stamping! And I do need to make some more clay buttons! So much to do so little time - lol! Beautiful card, Lisa!!

Lisa Martz said...

This is one of my FAVORITE stamp sets and I was so happy when I found it it was staying in the catalog! Love your card! Great way to use the stamp block...I forget about that technique! Perfect, Lisa!

Connie Babbert said...

You and I think so much alike about our flower stamps! The green spoke flowers to me, too! I love the clear block technique in the background and the clay button! Wonderful touches! Great job with the color challenge this week!

Nicole Tugrul said...

Beautiful card! I love all the details that you added from the clay button to the embossed edge on the card base. Gorgeous!

Melissa Davies said...

LOVE the idea of scoring a custom frame - picture-perfect!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...