Monday, June 23, 2014

Blueberries?

Blueberry season in New England is not that far away so I thought it would be fun to use the branch image for the new An Open Heart stamp set and make it a blueberry bush. You kind of have to use your imagination.
It's a pretty sparse bush I know but you get the picture. I actually bought this stamp set for the bird because I have this weakness for bird images. It looks like a wren but I am not positive that is what it is. This one is snacking on the blueberries. Lol.

I colored the bird and bush with a fine watercolor brush and my stamp pads. I like a fine watercolor brush sometimes because it gives me more control especially with small areas. Once I colored everything, I add a light wash of ink at the base of the "bush" and stamped some speckles with Gorgeous Grunge.

I have been experimenting with photographing my cards. This one was taken outside on my deck. If it looks too dark, please let me know. I'd appreciate it!

Did I mention that I love this color combination? Night of Navy, Mossy Meadow and White.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! Just click on any of the pictures below to go to my Online Store.
Oops. Forgot to add #100730 - Whisper White card stock.

Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

mathgirl said...

Lisa, I think the picture looks cook, clear and the colors are good. I too am always experimenting with the pictures!

Cheryl said...

I like the Bluberries! I am also thinking Cranberries too! Great for the Fall! Also I have a bush growing by my hedges the have an almost waxy red that my cardinals love! That'll work too!

Becky said...

Great card! I love that branch and bird. So much potential with this new set and your card gives me inspiration.

mauistamper.com said...

Love this card, Lisa! It was at the top of my list, too - I think those "blueberries" can be just about anything. You have such a gift!

Aloha,
Anne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...