Thursday, May 8, 2014

Wetlands Sunset

Today's post is all about Create with Connie and Mary color challenge. 
I thought this was a particularly great color combination with so many possibilities. After playing around a bit, I ended up with a sunset/sunrise scene.
To create the background I sponged the colors from top to bottom stopping at Daffodil Delight. To create the horizon I laid a piece of paper over the sponged sky and then beginning at the bottom sponged up. A few swipes over the mask created a straight line for the horizon. 

I wanted to keep this fairly simple so I fringed some burlap ribbon and layered it beneath the card stock. The strands of burlap that I pulled out to make a great "bow". Really I just gathered it together in loops and tied a piece of burlap thread around it. I love how it gives the reeds and grass an earthy look. 

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Wetlands
Card Stock: Whisper White, Bermuda Bay
Ink: Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, Bermuda Bay, Black Stazon
Other: Burlap Ribbon, Candy Dot, Sponges

If you would like to play along with this fabulous combination of colors, just create a card and link it up at Create with Connie and Mary

Hope your day is a creative one.

7 comments:

Deb said...

Wow! You took these bright colors and made them so soft and pretty! Love how you used them to create the sky/water! And the burlap is the perfect embellishment! Love this!

Beth McAlexander said...

Beautiful card in every way. Love the soft colors.

Connie said...

I LOVE the sunset/sunrise background with these colors! And, the fringed burlap is one of my favorite things to do, but I love how you only used a narrow piece of it! Great card for the color challenge this week!

Lisa Martz said...

I love how you muted the colors to create a sunset (or sunrise)! Beautiful!

Margaret Raburn said...

I love the soft background you created with these colors! So pretty behind your images, and the burlap border and bow is wonderful! Love it!

Melissa Davies said...

I agree! It is a beautiful sunset! I love what you did with the burlap, too!

Nicole Tugrul said...

Beautiful card! I love your soft sky, these were the perfect colors for your design!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...