Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Too Kind Work of Art

A week ago at the new catalog premiere (posted here), I received a new stamp set for Free! Love Stampin' UP! The stamp set is called Work of Art and is a series of stamps that look like water color brush strokes. It also includes some greetings, a heart, and a circle. Because it is in the new catalog, it won't be available to order until June 1st. 

I played around with it over the week end and made this card. Note: I also used the stamp, Too Kind (the flowers).
Everything but the flowers and stems are from Work of Art stamp set. This card came together so quickly! When I saw this stamp set demonstrated at the Stampin' Up! event, my first thought was "I can do that with ink and a watercolor brush". But. I would have to use watercolor paper and I don't always want to use watercolor paper. So this set is awesome because I just stamp my watercolor brush strokes! 

I stamped the grass first, then the flowers, then the sky, and finally the sentiment. Lastly, I fussy cut the heart and adhered it with a dimensional. 

I don't always like to give sneak peaks because they just seem cruel sometimes. But I was so excited about this stamp set, I wanted to share. 

All supplies are Stampin' Up! My Online store can be found here.
  • Retiring stamps while supplies last - found here
  • Retiring accessories while supplies last - found here

Stamps: Too Kind (current), Work of Art (to be released)
Ink: Pear Pizzazz, Soft Sky, Pool Party, Pink Pirouette, Strawberry Slush
Card Stock: Whisper White, Strawberry Slush
Other: dimensional, circle punch (to round corners)

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Di Barnes said...

Love this pretty floral scene you've created? Lisa. Thanks for sharing.
Inky wishes, Di

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...