Thursday, May 29, 2014

Stippled Blossoms CCMC305



Oh my. Today's sketch snuck up on me. I think it was the long weekend that did it. Yup. That is my excuse. Anyway, the sketch for today's challenge at Create with Connie and Mary is such a great sketch I was able to create my card in no time. Phew!
My card began with some soon-to-be-retired Gingham Garden designer paper.
Some of the tiny flowers on the paper are Night of Navy so I used that color for my layers. I love the crisp contrast it makes between the paper and also the embossed Whisper White card stock. 

My flowers are from the Stippled Blossoms stamp set. LOVE that set! Again, I used the colors from the designer paper for my flowers. To create the contrast in the flowers - since it is a two step stamp, I stamped off 2 times with the solid stamp. The detail stamp was inked and stamped full strength. I did both flowers and the leaves like that. Once I fussy cut my flowers I used  dimensionals for the Melon Mambo rose to give it a little extra height.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Stippled Blossoms, A Dozen Thoughts
Paper: Gingham Garden (retiring)
Card Stock: Whisper White, Night of Navy
Ink: Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Night of Navy, Pear Pizzazz
Other: Basic Rhinestones, Baker's Twine, Dimensionals, Corner Rounder punch, Big Shot, Honeycomb embossing folder

Thanks for stopping by. If you have the time,  be sure to check out Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog for more inspiration. And play along if you can! 

7 comments:

Deb said...

So bright and so very pretty! Love the contrast and I love how that baker's twine adds a little "something" to the card! Beautiful!

Connie said...

I just love the twine loops behind the flowers! Don't know how you get them so perfect looking! Your card is so summery and beautiful! Love it! Great job with the sketch this week!

Nicole Tugrul said...

What a beautiful floral card!! I love the colors and all the little extra details.

Debbie Henderson said...

I need to try the clusters of string like I've seen in blogland. It looks great on your card tucked in under the flowers!

Melissa Davies said...

Love all the patterns and textures added to this card. I really like the look of the looping twine - how unique!

Margaret Raburn said...

I love the papers and colors you've used and your flowers are just stunning!! The way you've used the baker's twine adds a touch of sweet whimsey to your card. Love it!

Lisa Martz said...

What a pretty card! Bright and cheerful, yet dainty with the roses and twine. Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...