Sunday, May 4, 2014

Stamp Review Crew - By the Tide Edition

Welcome to the Stamp Review Crew's Blog Hop, featuring the stamp set By the Tide. Everyone on the hop will show you some creative ways to use the same stamp set! If you arrived from Jill Coleman's blog, you are in the right place. If I am your first stop then you are still good to go. Just follow the links to complete the hop. It goes full circle.

The Blog Hop officially begins Monday, May 5th so if any of the links don't work yet, please come back. We try to get the Hop up and running as quickly as we can.

 I got the idea in my head to use our Simply Pressed Clay for a sea shell so I began with that and this card evolved.
Here is a close up of the shell.

To make the Shell: I rolled out Simply Pressed Clay, then stamped the shell right into the clay. Make sure your stamp is clean! Then I gently peeled off the clay and trimmed around the image with scissors. Next I molded it ever so lightly so it was concave. After it dried a little I used the heat tool to complete the drying process. I think that actually helped puff it a little. To add color I used a water down ink of blushing bride and then drew some lines with a Sahara Sand marker. 

The card is a sponged background on Whisper White with some torn Sahara Sand and Soft Sky. I created the little sail boat cause it needed something and that was easy to make with some punches. 

Vellum card stock is layered over the front of the card. I embossed the script onto the Vellum. Then I layered the shell and the sentiment over the vellum. Discreetly placed mini glue dots keep the vellum in place.

Stamps: By the Tide, A Dozen Thoughts
Card Stock: Vellum. Whisper White, Sahara Sand, Soft Sky
Ink: Versamark, Soft Sky, Blushing Bride, Sahara Sand
Other: White Embossing Powder, Bakers Twine, Simply Pressed Clay, circle punch, pennant punch, mini glue dots, sponge

Lobster anyone? Disclaimer: I am a vegetarian so this is not a cooked lobster :)
After I stamped the lobster in Real Red ink I used Crystal Effects and painted it to get a glossy look. Again, I used the heat tool to speed up the process.
The burlap is our burlap ribbon that I pulled apart by first removing some threads. I wanted more of a net kind of look. 

Stamps: By the Tide, Itty Bitty Banners
Card Stock: Real Red, Whisper White, Crumb Cake
Ink: Real Red, Crumb Cake
Other: circle punch, dimensional, burlap ribbon, crystal effects, Big Shot, Circle Framelits, Apothecary Framelits, candy dots

The next stop on the Blog Hop is super talented Cindy Beach. To get there, just click on her name or on the link below.
Thanks for stopping by!

16 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Both cards are stunning! The shell and the lobster are absolutely fabublous! So creative and unique!!!

Nancy Smith said...

What a great idea to make the shell out of paper clay! It makes a great embellishment. Love the Crystal Effects on the lobster, too.

Tanya Boser said...

Oh my goodness! Lisa, the details on these cards are so amazing! I am just mesmerized by your work with the seashell, I am going to have to give that try. The Crystal Effects "cooked" onto the lobster creates a wonderful bumpy shine too :)

Deb said...

Wow, wow, wow!!! Love that seashell! How awesome is that! And the lobster card is fabulous! Great texture!

Susan Mac Donald said...

these cards are *awesome*; so well made & you didn't leave out any details; TFS!

Dawn Tidd said...

Nice projects, Lisa! The shell is fantastic. What a great idea. The lobster on your card is stunning.

Heidi Baks said...

Such great projects, Lisa! I love the shell, and the vellum overlay makes the card so soft! The little details on your lobster card really gives it a lobster bake feel! OMGosh, lots of exclamation points... here's a few more!!!! :D

rubberredneck said...

WOW awesome projects as always! I never thought to make a shell out of the clay AWESOME idea!

Linda Callahan said...

Gorgeous gorgeous seaside scene! And the shell is amazing!

Jan said...

Wow! Both of these cards are absolutely stunning! I will have to try both the Clay shell and the gorgeous shiny lobster. Thanks so much :-)

Carol Carriveau said...

I am so in awe of your beautiful card...it is fabulous! And how clever to create a clay shell - the colors are fabulous! And yes your little sailboat is a wonderful addition! Also love your lobster card...putting the Crystal Effects was soooo smart! Great job on both of your projects!

kellyscreativecorner.com said...

Lisa the shell is absolutely amazing! Your artistic details are incredible! I just figured out a new technique to share with my monthly stamp club members. Thank you for the instructions.

Jill Coleman said...

Two fabulous cards Lisa! Would never have thought to go bright red with the lobster...but duh! It's gorgeous. And the soft feel to your first card with the stunning shell element - WOW!

Janet L. said...

The shell looks soooooo real! Great job!

Mary Decker said...

I've never seen your work before now. you are a very gifted artist. You're very creative. I've signed up to receive your emails. Thank you for taking the time to not only post your work, but to take the time to explain your methods! Thank you!

Mitzi Luttrull said...

Lisa, your card is so inspiring! I love this stamp set and I can't wait to try your techniques. This is a wonderful card; one of my favorites in this blog hop.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...