Sunday, May 18, 2014

Stamp Review Crew Blog Hop: Wetlands Edition


 The Stamp Review Crew is back with its bimonthly Blog Hop. On the 1st and 3rd Monday of every month we feature one stamp set. This time we are featuring one of my all time favorite stamp sets, Wetlands! If you arrived at my blog from Deb Currier's blog then you are in the right place! If I am your first stop, then just follow the links at the end of my post to complete there full circle hop.

Note: the Blog Hop officially begins Monday, May 19th. We post a day early to get the kinks out so if you run into any broken links, please check back with us!

Well, in case you haven't heard or seen - there are 5 new Stampin' Up! colors in the soon to be released Catalog! So. I thought I would try to incorporate them into a card using the stamp set, Wetlands - since Wetlands is really what this Blog Hop is all about! 

The new colors are darker than last year's and I was able to create a mountain scene.
I embossed my geese with Black Embossing Powder, watercolored them and cut them out. Then I set them aside while I created the scenery. 

  • On Whisper White card stock I stamped and embossed some clouds with a stamp set that will be in new Catalog. It is called Work of Art
  • Sponged the new Lost Lagoon ink over the top half.
  • Punched a circle from the new Hello Honey card stock and sponged the edges.
  • Hand cut some mountains from the new color Blackberry Bliss. I dry embossed them with the Beautifully Baroque embossing folder and sponged the edges.
  • My next layers are the new Mossy Meadow card stock - torn, stamped, and sponged.
  • Final layer at the bottom is Lost Lagoon card stock that I tore and sponged. The white marks were made with the Chalk Marker.
  • I cut a little slit in the "water" and placed my goose in the slit to make it look like it is swimming. The other goose I just tucked behind the water.
  • The entire card front was then layered onto some new Tangelo Twist card stock that I sponged. 
So there you have all 5 new colors and a birthday card using the stamp set, Wetlands!

Stamps: Wetlands, Work of Art
Card Stock: Whisper White, Tangelo Twist, Hello Honey, Mossy Meadow, Lost Lagoon, Blackberry Bliss
Ink: Versamark, Tangelo Twist, Hello Honey, Mossy Meadow, Lost Lagoon, Blackberry Bliss, Chocolate Chip (on the geese)
Other: Chalk Marker, Sponges, Black embossing Powder, Big Shot, Beautifully Baroque embossing folder, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, White Embossing Powder

I debated on showing this next card because there are other similar ones out there. I was inspired by one of these cards that I found on Pinterest and instead of painter's tape I used the Work of Art stamp set to create the sand and sky. Like I said, I have seen others do the same thing in the time that has elapsed since I created mine but I wanted to show how awesome, and easy it is to use the Wetlands stamp set! 

I didn't add a greeting because I needed a lot of these to send out so I kept them super simple. Note: the card size is 5 x 3 1/2

Stamps: Wetlands, Work of Art
Card Stock: Very Vanilla
Ink: Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake

It is time to move onto the next stop which happens to be Tanya Boyser's blog. Be prepared to be inspired!


Thanks for stopping by.

16 comments:

Carol Carriveau said...

OH WOW, Lisa....your design is the first I have seen using two ducks in the water and what appears to be either late evening or early morning...fabulous!!!!!!!

Carol Carriveau said...

Sorry forgot to comment on your second card...love the soft colors behind the birds...the large 'swish' is a perfect ground for them...reminds me of water and sand!

Carol Carriveau said...

Sorry to monopolize your comments section....I had to go back and look at both cards again...am in awe!

Nancy Smith said...

Aren't you clever using the Work of Art swooshes like that! That is really thinking outside the box. Love it!

WebDeb said...

A swimming goose -- genius!

Rita Wright said...

Two very different, but equally awesome cards. I love the layering and scene you created with the first one. It is just stunning!

Dawn Tidd said...

What a scene you created, Lisa, it's gorgeous! The new In Colors worked perfectly. Your geese have a great new landing spot! I'm so glad you shared the second one too, it's sweet!

Betty said...

The first card is a "WOW"! It makes me think of "America the Beautiful" with purple mountain majesties. (And I think we were on the same wavelength for the second card-LOL!)

Wendy Weixler said...

WOW!! BOTH cards are GORGEOUS!!! I especially like all the dimensions in that first one!! :)

Joanne said...

Both lovely cards Lisa - the first one is really original and the ducks really stand out against the bold background. ThNks for sharing!

Deb said...

Wow! Lisa, these are fantastic! I love your creativity! The scenery you created is outstanding! And to use all the new in colors! Love both of these!!

Heidi Baks said...

Very fun scene you created on your first card! I love the subtle background with the Work of Art stamp... quick and beautiful!

Cindy Beach said...

Wow, the scene in the new colors is fabulous! Love your cards.

Tanya Boser said...

I LOVE the Work of Art clouds, and the swimming goose! So darn clever :) The second card is simply beautiful!

rubberredneck said...

WOW Awesome cards!! I love both of them!

Jill Coleman said...

Two great cards Lisa. Love the creative use of colors, stamps and layers on the first and the clean and simple lines on the second are beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...