The Stamp Review Crew is back with its bimonthly Blog Hop. On the 1st and 3rd Monday of every month we feature one stamp set. This time we are featuring one of my all time favorite stamp sets, Wetlands! If you arrived at my blog from Deb Currier's blog then you are in the right place! If I am your first stop, then just follow the links at the end of my post to complete there full circle hop.
Note: the Blog Hop officially begins Monday, May 19th. We post a day early to get the kinks out so if you run into any broken links, please check back with us!
Well, in case you haven't heard or seen - there are 5 new Stampin' Up! colors in the soon to be released Catalog! So. I thought I would try to incorporate them into a card using the stamp set, Wetlands - since Wetlands is really what this Blog Hop is all about!
The new colors are darker than last year's and I was able to create a mountain scene.
I embossed my geese with Black Embossing Powder, watercolored them and cut them out. Then I set them aside while I created the scenery.
- On Whisper White card stock I stamped and embossed some clouds with a stamp set that will be in new Catalog. It is called Work of Art.
- Sponged the new Lost Lagoon ink over the top half.
- Punched a circle from the new Hello Honey card stock and sponged the edges.
- Hand cut some mountains from the new color Blackberry Bliss. I dry embossed them with the Beautifully Baroque embossing folder and sponged the edges.
- My next layers are the new Mossy Meadow card stock - torn, stamped, and sponged.
- Final layer at the bottom is Lost Lagoon card stock that I tore and sponged. The white marks were made with the Chalk Marker.
- I cut a little slit in the "water" and placed my goose in the slit to make it look like it is swimming. The other goose I just tucked behind the water.
- The entire card front was then layered onto some new Tangelo Twist card stock that I sponged.
So there you have all 5 new colors and a birthday card using the stamp set, Wetlands!
Stamps: Wetlands, Work of Art
Card Stock: Whisper White, Tangelo Twist, Hello Honey, Mossy Meadow, Lost Lagoon, Blackberry Bliss
Ink: Versamark, Tangelo Twist, Hello Honey, Mossy Meadow, Lost Lagoon, Blackberry Bliss, Chocolate Chip (on the geese)
Other: Chalk Marker, Sponges, Black embossing Powder, Big Shot, Beautifully Baroque embossing folder, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, White Embossing Powder
I debated on showing this next card because there are other similar ones out there. I was inspired by one of these cards that I found on Pinterest and instead of painter's tape I used the Work of Art stamp set to create the sand and sky. Like I said, I have seen others do the same thing in the time that has elapsed since I created mine but I wanted to show how awesome, and easy it is to use the Wetlands stamp set!
I didn't add a greeting because I needed a lot of these to send out so I kept them super simple. Note: the card size is 5 x 3 1/2"
Stamps: Wetlands, Work of Art
Card Stock: Very Vanilla
Ink: Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake
It is time to move onto the next stop which happens to be Tanya Boyser's blog. Be prepared to be inspired!
Thanks for stopping by.