Thursday, May 15, 2014

Flourish with a Flower on Top


Hi there and welcome to another great challenge from Create with Connie and Mary. I am all about flowers these days! Every spring I go crazy with annuals. Plus I have lots of perennials that bloom every year. So I was thrilled with today's sketch. 
I chose to go with a flower - just like the sketch but you don't have to. Some of our design team took a more creative route than I did. 
Because a lot of my beloved floral stamp sets got retired, I created my own with Flowering Flourishes  and Flower Shop stamp sets.

First I stamped the Flourish with Pear Pizazz and added a punched flower that I stamped in Daffodil Delight. The center of the flower is a Baked Brown Sugar Boutique Detail. They are retiring but still available while supplies last. It kind of looks like a sunflower - one of my favorite flowers :)

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Flouring Flourishes, Flower Shop, Lots of Thanks
Card Stock: Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Baked Brown Sugar
Ink: Pear Pizzazz, Daffodil Delight, Baked Brown Sugar
Other: Boutique Detail (retiring), Itty Bitty Punch Pack (retiring), Candy Dot, dimensional

Go to Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog to see what the others created and we certainly hope you will play along!

7 comments:

Deb said...

I love sunflowers, too! And this is so creative and pretty! Love the simplicity!

Connie said...

You like flower sets as much as I do! Love how you topped the flourish! Great job with the sketch challenge this week!

Nicole Tugrul said...

Beautiful card! You nailed this sketch, the flower looks beautiful with the flourish!

Margaret Raburn said...

You came up with an ingenious idea to make your own lovely flower! Simply beautiful card with the sketch!

Lisa Martz said...

What a bright and cheerful card! Love how you did the flower!

Melissa Davies said...

Always looking for leaf-ideas for those flowers - the flourish is a great idea!

Joanne said...

Love the flower Lisa - I'm always wondering how to use these embellishments and this one is the perfect finishing touch for your unique flower.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...