Thursday, May 1, 2014

Beautiful Butterfly Birthday CCMC301

Am I the only one who thinks April flew by?! I think May will be the same way with lots of excitement building in Stampin' Up! World and the new catalog release is just around the corner. Woo Hoo! In the meantime, don't miss out on the products that are retiring. I used a few of them in my card for today.

Our challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary is this fabulous sketch.
I used the retiring Beautiful Butterfly Bigz die for my "shape" focal point.
I die cut 3 butterflies: one large butterfly from Venetian Romance dsp (retiring)
                                one medium butterfly from the same Venetian Romance dsp
                                one medium butterfly from Vellum card stock which I layered on the other medium butterfly.
After I layered my butterflies together, I added 3 Large Pearls. These pearls are also retiring and I thought they looked way better on my butterfly than the smaller Basic Pearls. Love those pearls too!

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Petite Pairs
Paper: Venetian Romance (Retiring), Vellum Card stock
Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Pistachio Pudding
Ink: Island Indigo
Other: Big Shot, Beautiful Butterfly Bigz die(retiring), Oval Punch, Large Pearls(retiring), Basic Pearls, dimensionals

And now it is your turn! Head over to Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog to see what the other design team members created. Or use the sketch for your own card and don't forget to link it up. It is fun to see everyone's creativity!

Thanks for stopping.

6 comments:

Lisa Martz said...

Very pretty, Lisa! Love the layered butterfly! So soft and pretty!

Deb said...

I love these layered butterflies! The vellum and the pearls are so beautiful! Love how you interpreted the sketch!

Debbie Henderson said...

So sad to see this die retired. Very pretty with the vellum layer. Hope you enjoyed the reveal!

Margaret Raburn said...

Wow, Lisa, I love your beautiful card and the wonderful colors your used! That big layered butterfly is gorgeous! I'm going to miss that die also!

Nicole Tugrul said...

You are too clever using the butterfly as the focal point! I hate to see this die go too, it's so wonderful.

Melissa Davies said...

So sad to see this little fella go :O( Love the added pearl embellishments to the butterfly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...